chapter 48

Scars dad

"Shall we watch finding nemo?" I ask Leon softly with a grin, I've seen scar watching it with him a few times.

His sad eyes brighten up a little but even he knew something was wrong, he was young yes but he wasn't stupid. Far from it.

"Can we have McDonalds and ice cream with it?" He asks quietly and I chuckle.

"Obviously" I ruffle his hair.

1 hour later

"Its starting! Quickly!" He giggles from the living room. Laughing I grab the food and bowls of ice cream taking them into the front room.

Scar left last night, Leon was upset and so we spent the night colouring and having fun. As long as he's occupied he should be ok, for now anyway.

"I love finding nemo" jace says in an over dramatic voice making Leon laugh and smile happily. He sits down with us and steals some of my food.

I didn't care. I wasn't hungry. I felt sick to my stomach knowing I allowed my little girl to walk out and die.

But I made a promise to her, and I'm going to keep it no matter how much pain it causes.

Leon is like her in every way, especially his hair and eyes.

Jaces POV

One day she'll be back. She's too much of a fighter to just walk out and never return. For now I'll help care for my nephew and when he's older I'll search for my mate.

But right now my mate isn't my first priority, my promise to my sister is. I'm angry she didn't tell me she was about to die but deep down I understand her reasons.

Scars not one for pity, she never has been. And I know she's far too strong physically and mentally to die, eventually she'll find her way back but however long that may take is a question itself. She won't be the same, but who cares? She's my sister and my best friend, I know what to expect when she returns. And its not going to be pretty.

For anyone.