Chapter 73

We stood there for a long time in silence. Neither one moving towards the other. I act like I have nothing to say, when under the cold exterior I have tons to say.

Finally one caved, and he decided to man up first and make the first move, releasing a deep growl of frustration when I stubbornly stood in the same spot. Unmoving and silent.

He storms over to me as if he knows exactly what he's going to say. Like he has everything figured out and he's just going to shout it all at me. But once he reaches me, he stands still and tense.

I look up at him, silently meeting his captivating gaze. I did my best to not let it affect me. I already let him in once, and he chose to hurt me.

"I..I didn't mean what I said earlier. I mean I did at the time, but I was...I was...god damn it!" He grows frustrated quickly when he tries to explain himself to me, but can't seem to get the words out.

He's never once in his life had to admit his feelings to anyone or anything. And I'm no different.

"You don't have to explain yourself. It was heat, and now it's gone. I understand" I state simply, my voice and face void of feeling. If anything my words only infuriate him.

He turns in frustration, pacing a few steps. He runs his hands through his thick black hair, tugging at the angrily. And then suddenly he turns back to me. And comes closer once again.

"I was stupid. And I hurt. Ok? I thought you used me to pass time. I thought I was just a quick solution to your heat. I was angry but that's no excuse for what I said. I know I hurt you, I knew the second the words left my mouth. What else do you want me to say?....I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I don't know what more I can do" he pleads with me, his words filled with anger for himself and desperation. He truly has no idea what to do in this situation. He's never caught feelings before, so he's never had to feel hurt or guilty for anything he's said or done.

He looks at me with defeat, taking my silence as a sign that I'm not interested in his pleas. Even though I know he's trying, he's trying to hard to be the person that he wants to be with me. But it doesn't happen overnight even if he wants it that way.

He goes to turn when I quickly grab his wrist. His head snaps towards me, looking down as my hand covered in wet blood still touches him. I feel the sparks instantly.

Rosa was right. Selene was telling the truth. Octavious is my mate. My true mate.

But do I love him yet?

I look up at him speechless for a slight second, unsure of what to think. Until I throw caution to the wind.

"You've said all I needed to hear. And I...I wasn't using you Octavious, I just wasn't sure what to expect now that's it's over. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't even sure that you were my mate" I admit quietly, my bright ocean blue eyes looking up at him.

He examines my face for a moment to see if I'm telling the truth. "And now?" He asks with a softer tone. His voice still deep however.

"It's not everyday that a man's touch literally electrocutes me" was the only words I could find.

His lips tilt at the corners into a small smile that sent my heart thudding in my chest, and my stomach to flip.

"Am I forgiven?" He asks softly, turning towards me properly and wrapping his huge hands around my delicate small waist. Covered in blood might I add.

"This once" I firmly tell him. I can't promise I'll be so forgiving the next time though.

He leans down and kisses my forehead like I do with Leon, which made me chuckle. He wasn't bothered about the blood on me. Suddenly he steps back, and quickly removes his shirt. I frown slightly in confusion, until he pulls it over my head and puts my arms through the holes. The soft cotton shirt sticks to the wet blood on me, stopping a few inches below my butt.