Reunion

Ray slept in until early afternoon after the night out on the beach

Ray slept in until early afternoon after the night out on the beach. It was the best and longest sleep she had since she returned to Los Santos, and it felt heavenly. The weather seemed to agree with her as the warm sun gently kissed her skin and the breeze made her hair dance in rhythmic motions.

She decided to check on the weed plants in Chodie's usual spot, but only found Taco smoking a join and relaxing in a lawn chair.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up. We already did all the work here, Rachel," Taco lectured Ray with his hands on the hips. "We already harvested everything."

He nodded his head at a pile of plants out of sight of unwanted eyes.

"Well, finally, you are actually working," Ray teased him. She joined Taco and lit a joint.

"Don't think I didn't notice that you and Randy were gone all night," he fought back, trying to get a rise out of her.

She sat down on the ground next to him and blew out the relaxing smoke.

"What of it? We are two grown adults," she stated, putting her hands on her hips to copy Taco. She would not fall for his meddling. "Also, how do you know?"

"I must not reveal my source." Taco put out the joint and opened his umbrella to hide from the persistent sunshine.

"Curtis?" She asked with a mischievous smile, already knowing the answer.

"You'll never know," Taco shrugged as he attempted to hide the smile in his voice.

She laughed, picturing the two biggest gossips of Chang Gang comparing their stories.

"I knew that he wouldn't be able to keep it to himself," Ray said and put out her joint. "Well, it looks like you guys did all the work, so I'll see you later."

"Who is going to help me box it all?" He called out, nervously laughing as he looked at the large pile.

"It looks like it will be just you," Ray shrugged as she walked away.

"Rachel! I need a ride back to the cubby to get the Dodo boxes from Randy," he yelled after her.

"Why don't you ask your source for a ride," she yelled as she got into her car and sped off toward Little Seoul.

Ray was too tired to deal with Taco's pot-stirring after being out all night. She checked on the materials and supplies in the storage crate, and everything looked well stocked. As Randy suggested, Max hired a few material people to help with the business.

*

Ray pulled up to the cubby after doing her chores and saw the familiar pink LFA parked by the garage.

"Gorl!" She heard April's voice as the redhead ran out of Ramee's apartment. April wore her signature corset, skirt, and heeled boots, which was comforting to see for Ray. It's like she never left.