Chapter 47 - The Calm Before the Storm

"The power to make people fear you is the only power you need." - Allegiant

________________________________________________________________________________

In the main room of the Kingdom of Pride's castle, a man sat graciously on the mythril throne. One could only call his appearance perfect: white silvery hair, golden eyes and a Greek god's body with ironclad muscles. There was something bizarre about his aura.

At first glance, he had a holy presence and was close to perfection - as if every part of his body was sculpted by a heaven blessed artist. Nevertheless, the two curved black horns at the top of his head betrayed his true affiliation. And lying on his back two different black wings revealed themselves, one of angels and one of demons.

Next to him, a demon servant in a butler uniform was carefully checking on the mood of his master and keeping silent to not disturb him. Although the servant looked weak, he was actually the cousin of the man sitting on the throne, a middle class 5 demon. However, due to his family name, he wasn't given the title of Grand-Duke but of Demon Lord. The difference was that Demon Lords belonged to the same family as a Demon King and were qualified to inherit the title.

The night was turbulent as screams and metal clashing sounds came from below the top room of the castle. The servant quickly bowed to the man.

"Your Majesty, they have destroyed the blockade on the third floor and are coming here."

Right when he finished his words, a giant fireball crushed the door into smithereens and a large number of demons and vampires stormed inside. The weakest of them was actually at the low class 5 level, so it was a group of elites that could rarely be found cooperating in the entire Demon World. The vampires were only two. One of them was very similar to Sanya, the nephew of Count Dracula and a true demigod, Keiran Dracula. The other was one of the clan elders of the Dracula family at class 5.

The demons had seven people: three were Grand-Dukes from the Demon Kings of Greed and Massacre, while the other four were Demon Lords from the family of the Demon King of Cruelty. They all had haughty grins on their faces and were looking at the man sitting on the throne as if he was an idiot.

"Welcome, gentlemen. I, servant of Lucifer, the first and last Demon King of Pride, greets you. Can I ask what is the purpose of your visit?", the butler politely asked, disregarding the fact that they were enemy invaders.

Keiran stepped forward with smugness and glared at the man on the throne, the Demon King of Pride Lucifer.

"Lucifer, we acquired the information that you were the one who stole the Sacred Relic of my uncle. Give us the weapon and we might spare your life."

Slowly, Lucifer stood up from his throne, placing a huge amount of pressure on the invaders. His name carried the glory of the oldest Demon King in the continent, the one who betrayed the Heavenly Kingdom. Even Keiran was under stress when confronting such a behemoth of the demon race.

Keiran glanced at his face and saw an intimidating sharp look in his eyes. The golden pupils didn't look holy anymore, being as dark as the unseen bottom of a well. Lucifer's gaze was indifferent, completely disregarding their existence as insignificant. There wasn't even a limit to how expressionless he was.

Because of the pressure he was emitting, the invaders unintentionally stopped talking.

Contrary to what they expected, Lucifer didn't break out in a rage or started to run away, but spoke calmly.

"This World is rotten from deceit. We constantly use the superficiality of morals and rules to bind ourselves and protect our own weakness. 'The act known as sin deserves death and punishment', that is the shield of the weak and the ideology spread in the continent to protect the weaklings like you from being trampled on. Those who enter the upper society after having their hands drenched in blood then adhere to these rules, creating chains on their own wrists, stagnating their growth, all because of their fear of failure."