Chapter Eleven

Robin

"If you could fly, where would you go?"

"Probably wherever you are-"

"-ugh, Nance! When did you become so cheesy? This is a very serious question!"

"I am serious though! It's your fault that I'm all sappy now, trust me it disgusts me too." The two girls both started laughing and giggling, beaming grins reflecting across both of their faces.

It was spring break, now nearing the end of March. Nancy was home for the break, which meant that they were taking advantage of how close they were to each other now and chose to spend practically every day together. Even when Robin was working, the brunette would wind up in the store a couple of hours later just to sit on the counter and keep her and Steve company for their shift.

Steve liked to pretend they were annoying and flaunting their relationship in front of him, despite the fact they rarely even touched while Robin was working due to the constant stream of customers in the store. She knew he was just trying to get under her skin, he was secretly over the moon that she had finally made a move on Nancy instead of dancing around her feelings for another couple months on end.

That day, it was bright and sunny with clear blue skies, only a couple fluffy white clouds floating above them. It was surprisingly very warm considering the previous week had been full of rain and freezing winds, so Robin had been the one to suggest that they have a picnic at the quarry. It was one of the few places they could go where they both felt comfortable showing affection outside of their rooms, seeing as the vicinity was nearly empty at all hours of the day.

They had laid down a plaid blanket that Nancy found in her closet, feasting on sandwiches Robin had made for them, as well as an assortment of berries she had 'borrowed' from her fridge.

The sun was slowly making its way down toward the horizon, leaving behind an array of beautiful orange and pink shades that blended into the sky. They had finished their food an hour ago, and now Robin was resting her head in Nancy's lap while the girl ran her fingers gently through her hair.

If someone had told her a couple years ago that this would be her life now, Robin would've laughed so hard she nearly peed her pants. She used to think Nancy was such a priss in high school, she didn't even think they would ever have a proper conversation much less a relationship. Not to mention she didn't think she would ever find someone else like her, someone who liked girls, someone who liked her.

Her eyes turned to look at Nancy, unable to help the smile that formed when she met the other girl's gaze. Nancy looked gorgeous in that moment, not that Robin didn't always think she looked beautiful, though. The dying sun cast its golden light onto her clear skin, making her glow even more than she usually did. The breeze was slightly billowing against her curls, making her hair look windswept and slightly disheveled. Robin had never seen a prettier girl.

"What?" Nancy laughed, noticing Robin looking at her with what she assumed was awe, written all over her face.

"Nothing," she replied, blinking her eyes innocently, "you're just the most stunning girl I've ever seen, why look at the sunset when the view is right here?"

A faint blush dusted the shorter girl's cheeks as she quickly tried to play it off, rolling her eyes with a chuckle, "you say I'm the cheesy one and then you say shit like that."

Despite her words, Nancy leaned down and pressed her lips against Robin's in a gentle kiss. Even though it didn't last for more than a few moments, the action still made her body tingle with warmth, enjoying the feeling of Nancy's soft lips against her own. She tasted like strawberries and cherries, no doubt from the fruit they had consumed earlier.