nine

+

chanel's house was exactly how cat pictured it. she was only half-surprised that it wasn't entirely painted pink, but i guess the pink flowers growing on the vines along side the house counted.

she had been to the house before for the first ever rush party, but it was dark and she was pretty buzzed at the time. seeing the house fully sober was a shocker on its own.

the house was a huge vintage rectangular building, with a triangle roof in the middle. there were tall windows on the sides, a giant door in between the three arches at the entrance of the house, and right smack in the middle was a balcony with the letters "KKT" glowing from the railing. it almost looked like the white house.

walking through the tall, black gates to enter the front yard, cat followed gigi and miley down the walkway towards the house, zendaya trailing right next to her; all girls were in awe of the house and the garden in front of it.

"damn, maybe i do want to be a sorority girl," zendaya said, making cat look over to her friend.

"it's not just being a sorority girl, you have to be an oberlin, daughter of the owner of oberlin hotels," what? she had to do her research before going to someone's house. "and chanel fills those shoes too perfectly to have someone else step in them."

"what, you don't think i can rock six-inch pink stilettos?"

cat chuckled, "the day you wear six-inch pink stilettos, call me so i can meet you in the hospital."

"hey, i'm not that clumsy."

"you don't remember how we met?" zendaya grinned, playfully shoving the shorter girl, who in return lightly hit her with her duffel bag, laughing.

the kkt event that night was at chanel's off-campus house and the twenty or so girls that were left after the sophia doyle incident were told to bring an overnight bag as they were staying the night.

there was an odd feeling between cat and her friends when the invitation was sent out, unsure of the motive behind chanel to have twenty people sleep over at her house, but they were too committed at that point to back out. plus, they've been wanting to get off campus for a while since they were told they were going to get dinner at a fancy restaurant first.

chanel had rented out a shuttle to take the girls from campus and a whole restaurant for them to eat at, and after the dinner, they were shuttled back to her house. cat questioned why chanel would put in so much money to do all that, but after seeing her house, she realized that it probably didn't even make a dent in her bank account.

speaking of the devil, chanel walked out of her house from the balcony, her entourage right behind her, all in matching pink silk pajamas. how cute.

they had joined them for dinner, but left before the rest of them to obviously, change and invite them into the home, where amanda, blake, and hailey also lived with chanel.

"welcome everyone to my house, i hope you enjoy your stay," chanel yelled down to the crowd of girls on her front lawn. "i am very excited for the night we have planned for you guys, there's a lot of things prepared that will hopefully allow you all to get to know each other and us better."

she gestured to the girls behind her before continuing her speech.

"i can't wait to meet you all individually, see how everyone gets along, and i hope this is a good bonding moment for us all. remember, this is a sisterhood, and a sister's bond is unbreakable. that's what i'm trying to build with and between you all."

cat raised her eyebrows. chanel's choice of words always puzzled her.

"now, who's ready for some sister fun?"

+

cat groggily sat up from the floor, instantly reminded that she was in a sea of girls drowning in blankets and pillows. her bladder felt like it was going to explode, and she wasn't sure if she was going to survive the maze of stepping over sleeping girls' legs to go to the bathroom. curse her small bladder.

quietly checking in on her friends, she saw that miley, zendaya, and gigi were all peacefully sleeping around her, so she stood up with her phone, using the light from her screen to successfully guide her out of the room without stepping on anyone's hair or fingers.

in the hallway, she looked down each side to make sure no one was there before making her way around the house to find the bathroom.

cat thought the outside of the house was impressive, but once they were inside, it was a whole other world. there were spiraling staircases, long hallways that led to more long hallways, and doors upon doors leading to who knows where. the girls weren't allowed upstairs, assuming that that was where chanel and her girls' rooms were, but the first floor was already a maze enough, cat couldn't imagine another floor.

if i can't find the bathroom in the next two minutes, i am literally going to pee in one of chanel's plants.

luckily, cat remembered the familiar arched door that led to the gigantic bathroom where she had gotten ready for bed just a few hours before. entering the room, she was still jealous that this was chanel's guest bathroom. it made wallace university's suite bathrooms that she shared with miley and six other girls look like a gas station rest stop.

cat relieved her bladder once she locked the door behind her, and then washed her hands when she was finished. drying them on the pink towel hanging from the hook, she looked into the mirror, watching herself stare back at her. she brought her hands up to her face, her newly painted nails gliding against her skin.

the whole night had consisted of girl talk and board games, ending with all the girls doing each other's nails before watching a chick flick. it was a normal night, which was weird and unexpected, and cat had a lot more fun than she had anticipated, even though she wasn't really the girly type to do face masks and talk about boys. unlike miley, who was having the time of her life, growing up with mainly boys and chickens.

the most interesting part of the night was being around chanel, amanda, blake, and hailey. cat thought that they would just set everything up for the pledges to do and then analyze how they interacted with each other, but they were actually beating us in charades, showing off their nail painting skills, and teaching us skincare tips. there was an almost comforting feeling to see chanel and her minions act like normals girls for a change.

shaking her head out of her thoughts, knowing all too well that if she dove deeper into that world then she would never be able to fall back asleep. and she refused to lay awake for three hours listening to twenty other girls shuffle around the floor in their sleep.

leaving the bathroom, she stumbled down the hall, racking her brain to try and remember which door was the room that she was supposed to be in. after the third hallway and the billionth door, she was frustrated.

"what the hell," cat whispered, spinning around to walk back down another, more familiar hallway. she glanced at the plant that she remembered joking about peeing in, and she felt relieved, knowing that she was on the right track.

there was a door that was slightly cracked open, and cat smiled to herself, she must've forgot to close the door all the way when she left. past cat really was on the lookout for her future self.
ready to knock out again, she opened the door, and her jaw dropped instead.

standing right in front of her was a giant red devil. the monster was looming over her, its black eyebrows glaring downwards at her as its black horns and pointy red ears were pointed up to the sky. above its black goatee, there was an evil grin plastered on its glossy red face that extended to its glossy red body, hidden in a long collared leather cape draped over its broad shoulders.

the creature towered over her, and just as cat was about to scream and make a run for it, a hand covered her mouth and all she could remember before blacking out was the devil's pitch black eyes staring right into hers.

wrote this in a day because i was bored. i missed writing a lot, it really does give me a creative outlet. i do wish that i was back in my prime though, getting thousands of views each chapter. but whatever it's still fun to be back. hope u enjoyed

- biebuhftari