three

+

cat heard the door open to the dorm, but she didn't move. her body couldn't function at this time of day, but she was pretty sure that it was already past noon and that it was mainly her hangover that made her want to stay curled up in a ball under her blankets forever.

it was now week zero, officially the last free week before classes start, so party invites have been tossed towards her left and right, and she's accepted all of them, especially since zendaya and gigi tagged along with her. and every night, she would come home past two am, yet every night, miley was there to wipe off her makeup and tuck her into bed.

over the past couple days, cat grew fond of her sweet, slightly awkward roommate. at first, it was weird. she was overly excited to meet zendaya and gigi and whenever they invited her to watch a movie or whatever else, but she deduced it to the fact that miley had come from such a big family with a farm (yes, with pigs and cows and getting eggs from raw chicken butt) and this is her first time really interacting and living with someone other than her family.

cat tried getting miley to go to a party with her, zendaya and gigi but miley refused, promising them that once she got her neck brace off and could dance without having the block of metal restricting her, she would go.

a hand slapped her ass through the thick comforter, causing cat to groan. "what," she mumbled.
when she got no response, just another smack, she threw open the comforter, flipping over to lay on her back and to scowl at whoever felt the need to wake her up. "what?"

miley just smiled at cat, standing shyly at the edge of her bed, looking down at her annoyed, but now shocked roommate.

"holy shit! you got it off!" cat jumped up to stand on her knees on her bed, getting the full view for the first time of her roommate without the neck brace. she was gorgeous, the neck brace really hid all her potential. "you look so good."

giggling, miley nodded, "thank you. my doctor just told me that i can't do strenuous activities or else i'll have to wear it again."

"well, luckily, at parties the least you have to do is just be there and look cute. hopefully there's a party tonight and you can finally show yourself off," cat grinned, flopping back down to her bed to sit on her butt. she casually grabbed her phone, checking her notifications. her phone blew up with snapchats that she totally forgot to streak. oops.

"actually.." miley bit her lip.

cat looked up, knowing that tone of voice. miley had used it way too many times when rejecting her offer of partying. "no, you got your brace off! there's no more excuses, you have to go!"

"i want to, i do. but i kind of wanted to go to the kkt ceremony tonight. i heard you, zendaya and gigi got the invite too. we can all just go together!"

"kkt? as in kappa kappa tau?" vivid images of chanel oberlin in pink flashed through cat's mind, causing her to shudder.

"yeah. i really want you to go with me at least."

"why? i'm not a big sorority, 'oh my god sisterhood!' type of girl. you know that."

miley sat down on the edge of her own bed, pouting. "i know, but you don't have to go through with it. i just need someone with me during the rushing part. i know that i come from a big family, and i have sisters, but i don't really have friends. like, i lived on a farm. i milked cows and shaved sheep. this is something different that i really want to try out but i'm scared. you are my first real friend and i know you're not into it, but please? could you do it for me?"

how dare she play the sad farm girl card on me. when did i actually like my roommate enough to do favors? what happened to just coexisting?

cat took a deep breath. "fine. i'll go. but i better see you at the next party dressed as a slut now that you're not neck brace anymore."