eleven

+

cat stared at herself in the mirror, bringing it close to her face as she inspected every surface of her skin. she grabbed a beauty blender, dabbing it onto her cheek to blend out a small harsh line that was on her cheek where she had cut her contour.

"cat, you look beautiful. stop fussing."

"i'm not fussing," cat responded, moving the mirror to her eyes where she adorned a pair of wispy lashes that paired nicely with her smokey black eyeshadow and liner that was sharp enough to cut paper.

"you've been staring at your makeup for the past ten minutes. there's literally nothing more you can do to it," miley commented from her bed, rolling over to her stomach to stare at her roommate from across the room.

sighing, cat placed the mirror back onto her desk and spun her chair around to face the farm girl. "i guess you're right. i just want to make sure i look good."

"you do look good."

"i know, but i have to look good good. this is our first actual real date, and i want it to be the best first date he's ever been on."

miley giggled, shaking her head as she unlocked her phone. "girl, i've seen the way he looks at you. you have nothing to worry about."

cat's face turned a crimson red, deepening the already heavy amount of blush she had on her face. deciding to ignore that comment, she pulled the t-shirt over her head in order to slip on her outfit that gigi had delicately prepared for her.

gigi was a fashion queen, her outfits were always on point and trendy so it wasn't a question that cat would ask for her help. usually cat could come up with a fire outfit herself and look hot, but the anxiety for this date made her feel like she had nothing in her closet.

looking in the mirror, she smiled at herself. she was wearing a creamy white corset top and the matching mini skirt with a high slit to showcase her thigh, and white heels. she kept her hair down, mainly straight with her curtain bangs and the ends of her hair curled. it was a simple outfit, but cat felt confident and sexy, especially with what she wore underneath.

the ring on her phone tore her stare away from herself, and she rushed over to where her phone was charging on her bed.

jason: i'm on my way i'll be there in about ten minutes

cat: alright, see u soon

she heard miley giggling from across the room. "what?"

"nothing."

"miles."

"it's nothing. you guys are just so cute."

"whatever," cat laughed, unplugging her phone and grabbing her black shoulder bag where she threw in a pair of tweezers, lash glue, and lip gloss. grabbing her oversized black leather jacket, she sat on her chair talking to miley as she waited for jason to come.

cat wasn't nervous, not really. she knew that jason liked her, and she felt the same. but it was the quickness and normalcy with jason and how it contrasted with kkt that made her confused.
usually boys were harder to read. were they actually into her? did they actually want to be with her or did they just want to fuck her? are they pretending to take her out on a few dates just so she would get in their pants?

she never knew what boys were thinking, which was why she never bothered to actually try for a real relationship, ever since her last boyfriend. he was (supposedly) the love of her life, even at such a young age. she grew up with him, learned every detail about him, spent nearly her entire pre-adult life with him, but despite that, you still don't really know someone. she had to go through her last two years of high school watching him be with other people and that broke her, so she had to do the same.