one

+

"catherine, wake up sweetheart. we're almost here."

"please don't call me catherine, you know i hate that." grunting, catherine opened her eyes from her deep slumber. the sun immediately shone directly onto her face, blinding her with its rays. "tell me why i picked the sunniest place to go to college."

joan chuckled, shaking her head. "wallace university is a gorgeous school, and you know it. you're just grumpy because you were too excited to sleep at all last night."

"i just slept right now, didn't i?"

the car slowed to a stop by the curb. catherine looked out the window, admiring the diversity of students scattered across the huge field of grass in front of wallace university's main office. there were tables set up with all sorts of signs and banners, with students in front with clipboards and WU gear hoping that they were enticing enough to lure in the incoming freshmen. she realized that to get to the office building, she'll have to go through the line of fire.

"i should go in with you, just in case they need a parent to sign something off or they're missing some paperwork," catherine's mom said nervously, obviously finding it hard that her firstborn was finally leaving her care after eighteen years.

"mom, it's fine," she reassured, grabbing her mom's hand before she unbuckled her seatbelt and flew out of the car. "i just need to pick up my ID card and that's it. i already moved in, unpacked my stuff, and talked to my counselor yesterday. everything's final. i don't need anymore signatures or paperwork."

"yeah, but-"

"mom."
sighing, joan knew she couldn't hold her daughter back anymore. "fine, go. call me when you can."

"of course. i'll miss you," catherine rushed, getting out the car and closing the door behind her before her mom could change her mind about going in. "drive safe. tell frankie i said bye for me!"

"love you!"

catherine only waved her hand, before adjusting the black northface backpack on her back. it was hot and humid outside of the car, and the sun was still being a huge problem. she wondered if any of the clubs were giving away sunglasses; maybe then she'll join.

she squinted up at the sign above her that read: WELCOME TO WALLACE UNIVERSITY, FRESHMEN

"hi, welcome to wallace, where your true passions will siiing! join choir!" a friendly, brunette walked up to her once she passed underneath the sign, offering a flier which she politely didn't take. she wasn't going to sing, especially not in front of people.

"circle k is apart of one of the biggest service organizations in the world. we could use an extra hand when we're cleaning oceans, distributing food, and overall, helping out the community?"

catherine smiled, shaking her head. "maybe." she couldn't deny helping the community, but she definitely didn't actually plan to join any clubs, at least not right now.

all of a sudden, a blonde, hazel eyed girl popped up out of nowhere, dressed in a pink, long sleeved crop top and pink skirt. she also adorned lots of jewelry, around her neck and wrists. smacking on her pink bubblegum in her perfectly plump pink lipstick-lined mouth, she glanced at catherine's attire, before landing her eyes on her face.

catherine felt little, compared to the obviously rich girl. her outfit was the complete opposite of catherine's simple white cropped tank top and black, baggy ripped boyfriend jeans. her dirty, off white air force 1s and the other girl's polished, pink high heels said it all.

"i'm chanel oberlin." even her name sounded rich. "you're pretty."

catherine arched an eyebrow. "thank you. i'm catherine valentine, but you can call me cat."

"valentine, i like that." she scribbled something down on the (could you guess the color?) clipboard, before bringing it back to her chest. "ok cat valentine. i expect you to be in the fox theater friday evening for the pledge ceremony."

taken aback, cat called out to chanel as she began to walk away. "what? pledge ceremony?"

"did i stutter? you're invited to the ceremony. it's the first step on becoming a pledge."

"i barely just got here. i'm not trying to join some club ritual or whatever-"

chanel rolled her eyes, her manicured nails racking on the back of her clipboard as if she had somewhere better to be. "i'm not apart of a club or a ritual. who do you think i am? and i'm not asking you to join, even though i think someone like you would fit in. it's more like a party, and you can come to see if you want to officially be apart of it. i'll contact you."

scrunching up her eyebrows, cat shoved her hands into her jean pockets. "how?"

"i have my ways," chanel said, before walking away once again. "be there or you're not in anymore."

"wait, hold up. what are you talking about? in what?"

chanel whipped her head back over her shoulders, a smirk on her lips. "kappa kappa tau, the best sorority there is at wallace university."

want to hear a funny story? i published this book in 2015 and i finally updated in 2017 XD
ok its not that funny sorry
but yipeeee i updated and i'm sorry if it sucks writing this is something pretty new to me and i'm trying to work out the plot line still
this will NOT have any correlation the TV series Scream Queens at all and if there is, it'll be barely. i'm really only using their characters. MAYBE a couple of ideas but it will mainly be a completely different plot line and stories
anyways, vote comment and share :-))

-biebuhftari