fourteen

+

the red devils beat the cougars fourty four to twenty, earning them a sweet first victory in the season, all thanks to jason who had many perfect throws to his teammates across the field, a few into the perfectly ready hands of tom in the end zone.

it was now twelve am, but the parties were just starting. cat, zendaya, miley, and gigi had the exclusive invite to the red devils' afterparty, held at one of the older teammates' huge house off campus. cat quickly discovered how many prominent wallace university students were very well funded.

well funded enough that even though the house was blasting music from every corner, party goers playing chicken in the pool, and empty red solo cups, seltzers and beer cans scattered all over the grass, no neighbors were going to call the cops, knowing that there was no point since the father of the said owner of the house was the police chief.

cat followed behind gigi, hearing zendaya and miley right behind her as they all entered the house, stepping over a girl who had already drank too much and was passed out by the doorway. that's one way to celebrate.

"where are the boys?" gigi yelled over the music.

"tom said they'll be outside waiting for us," zendaya answered, pointing towards the glass door that led to the pool. nodding, gigi grabbed onto cat's hand and led them through the house.

as they passed through by the kitchen, the girls saw alexa demie and sydney sweeney, two girls who had made the cut with them for kkt, as they were pouring shots with alexa's boyfriend, jacob elordi, who watched quietly as his girlfriend and her best friend walked towards the other girls.

"hi!" sydney ran over to hug gigi and cat, who returned the hug. sydney sweeney was a gorgeous girl with a contagious laugh, rocking strawberry blond hair and a killer body due to her love for kickboxing. she was intelligent and adept, pursuing a business degree all while working on her vintage 1969 ford bronco.

alexa demie, on the other hand, was more mysterious. she said she was interested in acting, but didn't delve further into that. with sleek black hair and a sharp wing that never fails to be nothing less than perfect, she could and did come off as a bitch, but she was supportive, loyal, and wouldn't back down from a fight if she or her friends were in trouble.

chanel's sleepover really allowed them to know a lot about these girls.

"hey girls," alexa smiled, waving her perfectly manicured hand. "y'all want to take a shot with us or what?"

"you didn't even have to ask," zendaya smirked, grabbing four empty shot cups from a counter closeby. "pour it up."

"that's what i like to hear," alexa grabbed the cups from zendaya, handing them over to her boyfriend who was holding a casamigos bottle. "this is my boyfriend, jacob."

jacob elordi was the linebacker on the football team, and though cat didn't really know what that meant, she knew that his towering height of 6'4" allowed him to dominate the defense. he was australian born, kind hearted and soft spoken, only speaking when needed, which was a stark contrast to his girlfriend's loud, direct attitude, but they worked.

"hey," jacob said cooly, carefully pouring the alcohol into the cups. he looked up and made eye contact with cat. "you're jason's girl, aren't you?"

she felt her face go crimson red.

all five girls giggled, miley nudging her as cat turned her head away, not wanting them to see how flushed she was. luckily, the room was dark.

"not officially...yet," was all she could say as she looked back, making jacob chuckle.