fifteen

+

red and blue lights lit up the street in front of the thomas' house. leon had immediately called his dad, who came within a matter of minutes with four cop cars, blocking the street so that no cars could pass and no one could leave, even though they expected that many would find their way out anyways.

this was the second body of a wallace student who had died from murder within the first three weeks of school. the police knew that there was a pattern, the victimology was too obvious to ignore, even with just two murders. pretty girls who didn't look anything alike, but were similar in beauty and popularity.

once the cops arrived on scene, they gathered everyone who was present and willing to talk, not bothering to chase down those who ran off and jumped fences, knowing that their luck was better off getting details at the crime rather than apprehending kids who probably had nothing to do with the murder but were just too afraid to talk to the cops.

the kkt girls had no escape, they had chased leon into the living room and saw the body, each of them recognizing the girl as their former pledge.

the uniforms wrote down everyone's name and contact information, knowing that there were too many people to have full length interviews right then and there. eye witness accounts weren't one hundred percent reliable anyways, but leon, the dj, grace's friends, along with a few other party goers who were obviously in the living room when it happened were chosen to be taken down to the station to be interviewed.

after an hour of waiting for someone to talk to her, giving the cop her name and number and being debriefed of what she should expect next, they let cat go, and she waited patiently by a wall for the rest of her friends.

cat felt numb to the bones. another murder. at least this time she wasn't near her. but she had interacted with grace earlier during the party, when she was flirting with jason. coincidence? not again.

cat groaned. she shook her head, wrapping her arms around herself as she suddenly felt cold. that's an insane thought. another girl related to kkt dying. but there was no way chanel or her minions had anything to do with it, they were literally taking pictures with them.

"someone's going to die before i ever let anyone else touch me that isn't you."

shuddering at the thought, she slapped herself in the forehead. don't even think about it. jason was watching you take pictures, you made sure he was in line of sight, just in case someone else tried him!

"you okay?" tom was the first to be finished, walking over to cat and pulling her into a side hug. cat looked like she needed it. the girl shook her head, finding comfort in the embrace.

by the time the rest of their group finished talking to the cops, it was already almost four am, and everyone was exhausted.

"do you girls want to stay together tonight?" tom suggested, looking at the four girls who were obviously shaken up. "jason and i could sleep over."

jason nodded, looking around the group before fixating on cat.

"that's a good idea," zendaya whispered. they were walking away from the house, towards tom's car since he had taken jason from the game. "we can sleep in me and gigi's dorm, we have extra blankets and stuff."

miley and gigi agreed, and cat only gave a simple nod. jason grabbed cat's hand as they left the house, and she clutched it tightly, not wanting to let him go. they squeezed into tom's car, cat sitting on jason's lap, and they made it back to wallace by four thirty am. they walked together to zendaya and gigi's room after parking tom's car at the closest garage, not wanting to let anyone walk alone even though the walk was kind of far. once they got inside, they took turns using the restroom.