i

the dark cacao kingdom.

'huh..?!' a cookie splutters, the beverage spilling and dripping onto the floor, and all over his clothing. he clumsily steps back, his thick grey and black robes drenched in juice.
crunchy chip cookie. surprisingly enough one of the main guards of the dark cacao kingdom, known for a having a shattered king ashamed of his past.
the blistering snow inflicted on the dwellers of the kingdom, and yet, crunchy chip had a warm and friendly personality; just like his favourite cream wolves, despite being surrounded by a society just as cold as the white snow.

crunchy chip hesitates, glaring directly at his highness, dark cacao cookie.
'my king, i will not oblige to your request, but i have a small comment to make.' he pauses for a second, questioning if it was appropriate to say so or not. he clears his throat, feeling the bitter pierce of the king's eyes beside him.

'a-are you confident in your idea of pairing me up with a hollyberrian? i remember you saying that they were too immature...' his tone's volume decreased whilst every word was said. crunchy chip shrinks, whilst king dark cacao arose. his long jet-black hair is gently combed through the blade of his grape jam sword as he stands.
'the past is the past. my thoughts on the hollyberries have... shifted overtime.' the rasp of his voice echoes in the chamber of which was provided to dark cacao. crunchy chip looks back at his higher class, standing up straight and tall.
'your task is simple, and i do not expect too much. but you must tell me every detail you see, and if you find them suspicious. that also means if you sense something strange about the hollyberrian you will work with.' the tone of voice becomes more stern, feeling as if he was being told off rather than being given orders.

'you are my source of proof, and i am relying on you. you are dismissed.'
the very words he had said to crunchy chip replayed in his head. he bows politely and quietly trudges out of the room, awkwardly shutting the door.
he breathes out heavily, feeling as if an anvil was squashing his chest.
a cookie from the hollyberry kingdom? aren't they drunkards, selfish cookies who think themselves as superior? crunchy chip shudders at the thought of them, imagining inconvinent situations that could potentially happen whilst working with that guy.

it's only a few more days. this mission isn't hard, nor will it take forever to work with that hollyberry guy.. besides, the cremé republic gathering ends soon, and we'll be back to the kingdom as soon as i know it...

the hollyberry kingdom.

laughter is heard booming around the corridors of the council's area. hollyberry kingdom's owner, hollyberry cookie, is half drunk and sober, wobbling around every step she takes.
'hahahah! i'm invincible! did you see how many glasses i drank compared to that other guy who collapsed?! that was hilarious!'
she attempts to pat her so-called 'favourite guard', wildberry cookie, but misses. wildberry grabs her wrist to prevent her from falling.
'yes, i did, your highness. yet again, though, you've still drank too much. this is a formal gathering, not a family gathering.'
'ahhh.... why won't ya let an old cookie like me have a bit of fun?' she stops walking for a few seconds, half of her face visible to wildberry.
'besides, i've assigned you to something fun.
maybe you'll learn what "fun" is once you're in that mission with that dark cacao member.'
she stifles a laugh.
'that one cookie who was trying to chase his cream wolves outside the main hall..'
hollyberry continues her pompous chanting and waddling, but this time wildberry does not follow.

a member from the dark cacao kingdom, huh? that doesn't sound too bad...

cookies from the dark cacao kingdom were always quiet and reserved. maybe this time, wildberry will have the chance to befriend someone who is more understanding, and also has a similar personality to him..

hollyberry and wildberry bow each other goodnight, departing as they enter their own chambers.
wildberry savours his words, unaware of how wrong he'd be next morning.