vi

urgh.

a weird feeling lingers around crunchy chip's body, making him shiver coldly. opening his eyes fully, he sees that he is lying down in an unfamiliar room, and wildberry worriedly sitting on a chair that was dragged onto the bed that crunchy chip was tucked into.

it was either a place like a hotel or a little emergency ward. whatever it was, crunchy chip refused to question it, since wildberry most likely brought him here on his own.

'ah, so you're finally awake.' wildberry looks at crunchy chip, a distraught and concerned look plastered on his face.
crunchy chip grips onto the duvet guiltily.
'i'm so sorry that i had to let you go astray from our mission. i'm really weak, i kno--'
wildberry silences crunchy chip by quickly getting up from his chair and hugging him tightly. he didn't let go for a little while, feeling more comfortable now that he had gotten something out of his chest in which he wanted to do.
it was a hug that made crunchy chip's guiltiness fade away at an instant to be replaced with an intensifying heartbeat and a giddy feeling tingling his cheeks.
'you're not weak at all. please do not think of yourself so negatively.' wildberry continues to avoid crunchy chip making another insult to himself.
'you're good at everything; but all you need is confidence.' he says, slowly letting go of crunchy chip from the hug. the two flush slightly, a half-hearted grin creeping up on their faces in sync.

crunchy chip nods doubtfully, sitting up fully on the bed. it was his turn to get something out of his chest.
sighing, he breaks eye contact from the other cookie and closes his eyes.
'you see...' he begins nervously, already feeling sweat run down his face.
'y-y'know, i know that we've only met recently, but i can't help myself from thinking about you. i have no idea why, but--'
'i did too.'

crunchy chip looks up directly at him as the words were said.
there was no way he just said that.

'tell me you're lying.' he snaps, still in disbelief.
'i'm not.' wildberry bluntly replies, his eyes now twinkling clearly.