xiv

the curious pair enter the busying town for the last time. most of the cookies there were now used to seeing the pair frequently, despite their appearances standing out compared to locals.
however, the two take a sharp turn to the left, avoiding a familiar 'hospital' they had went to together to 'sort something out'.
wildberry covers part of crunchy chip's vision, trying to not make him remember that one fateful night.
'what gives?' he asks, his voice full of curiosity and playfullness. wildberry thinks quickly, blurting out the first thing that comes through his mind.
'uhm.. it's a surprise.' he says, even though there was no surprise whatsoever.
crunchy chip giggles under wildberry's large palm.
'telling me it's a surprise ruins the surprise!' he says teasingly, lightly punching his armour.
'it's fine. it's really exciting to know you've planned something out for me...' crunchy chip says quietly, now walking less brisk than before.
wildberry exhales to himself, not knowing what he could do. looking around stalls that whizzed past his vision, he couldn't see any of them properly and became even more unsure.
'hey, crunchy chip.' wildberry lightly tugs on crunchy chip's fluffed gray sleeve.
'hm?'
'shall we eat there for a meal? it's the most i am able to do for us.' he begins to speak like a real gentleman, even though he always does, but he began to emit a different vibe.
wildberry looks at a neat little café across him, decorated with fine florals neatly tidied in handmade baskets.
it wasn't heavily crowded just yet, and it felt like just the right time to enter.
crunchy chip's expression quivered, the same face he pulled when he was being tempted to try the pie.
'i'll consider that as a yes.'
a warm smile escapes wildberry's face, humbly watching his flustered partner acting shyly towards him, despite normally being seen as bubbly and open.
the small door (according to wildberry) squeaks open, leaving a few glares from served customers on their tables wondering.
'hm..' wildberry ponders loudly, observing the potential dangers of the place.
'ooh.. look at this!' crunchy chip points and wanders off to the counter full with a menu, as if he were a lost, naive child.
'hold on, crunchy chip-'
'look at all these foods!' crunchy chip bends down his knees to look through a glass panel, which protected all kinds of delicacies behind it.
it's warm honey glow illuminated and reflected around his face, seeing his expression light up like a firework.
'you can just tell me what you want, you know.' wildberry chuckles.
crunchy chip simply points at one thing. then two. then three.
'woah there. i get you're excited. let's just pick enough food you can fit into your system.'
'urgghh. it's real hard to choose now that i think about it.'

-

after a lifetime and a half worth of deciding, the two finally sit down afar from the rest of the crowd, holding their satisfactory dishes.
crunchy chip takes an entire scoff from one of his cakes, mouth full and chewing happily.
'looks like you're hungry.'
'uh-huh..
thank you.' crunchy chip says under a full mouth, making wildberry unable to understand him.
'pardon?'
'ph. fank uou.' crunchy chip tries not to laugh, yet only stifled sighs could be heard to wildberry.
wildberry rests his face on his palm, only able to watch his other partner with a dreamy gaze.
crunchy chip wags a finger and aggressively shoves a large spoonful of his cake into his mouth.
just managing to swallow his bite, he begins to laugh without warning, helplessly trying to quieten himself down.
'hahahaha! oh god, your face is a mess! i'm so sorry..'
wildberry blinks, now having to chew the surprisingly large scooped cake into his mouth, scattered pieces of thick white icing all over his flawless face.
'alright, i'm genuinely sorry. let me clean it off for you, haha.'
the white haired cookie leans forward to reach the other, pulling his sleeve as he begins to rub his face.
'hmmm... that should do it.'
crunchy chip keeps his hand on wildberry's face, not knowing he had actually began to softly caress it. wildberry was surprised, but slowly yet surely gave into his gentle touch. shutting his eyes, he settles into the warmth of his hand.

what's this all of a sudden..?

crunchy chip stares and freezes for a few minutes, refusing to move his hand.
he's never acted like this towards me before. looking around, it felt like they suddenly became the centre of attention after receiving several strange looks.

'we should maybe take this somewhere else.' crunchy chip whispers softly, taking one final large bite of his cake and dragging wildberry awkwardly towards the door.

-
hi. it's me again.
should i make another smut scene after this? i'm becoming more and more unsure of what to add since
i have no ideas left in my tiny (non-existent) brain

i wanted to make this a 'calm before the storm' kinda chapter, meaning everything just pounces out right at you when you least expect it next time 😭😭