short valentine's special

'wildberry, i want to take you somewhere.' crunchy chip's sentence was firm and brief, but wildberry sensed a tint of excitement in the way he said it.
the smaller male's eyes glisten brightly for a split second, as if he had planned out something and confident in what he was doing.
wildberry nods discreetly, bowing his head to let his partner take the lead. crunchy chip's head perks up almost like his cream wolf, seeing an imaginary tail wagging uncontrollably.
'this way.' he says, creeping through hedges and small areas. wildberry is astonished at the other male's quick skills in moving in such a small space, keeping his eyes locked in whichever directions he turns off to.
before the braided magenta cookie could say something, crunchy chip abruptly stops in his footsteps, making wildberry bumping his face into crunchy's cloak.
a muffled 'oof' can be heard behind crunchy, almost making him tumble forwards clumsily.
'woah!' he stumbles forward, but hastily grabs onto a nearby branch. he uses only one hand however, seeing that his non-free hand is clearly grasping onto something valuable.
he turns back, eyeing whatever he was holding every now and then.
'sorry about that... are you alright?'
wildberry nods, squinting at first, but then seeing his eyes widening at the very sight behind crunchy chip.

a wearing off, almosy forgotten salt pillar fountain, with a surprisingly perfect operating fountain gently pouring water back into its stream. the aging monument was crowded in a sea of green, and a variety of beautiful ripe fruits; apples, berries, and specifically an actual wildberry, with a colour just as a passionate red-pink as wildberry cookie himself.
it was seemingly breathtaking in wildberry's eyes, and he switches from a crouching position to a sitting position in seconds.
despite being a rather large guy, he feels himself shrink into the safety of the forgotten fountain that crunchy chip was able to find out for him.

crunchy chip himself clears his throat thoroughly.
'wildberry, do you know what day it is..?' his golden yellowed eyes glow brightly under the dim rays of the sun.
wildberry pauses to think, but becomes rather unsure. 'i believe that it is the fourteenth of february.' wildberry's attention is still half caught by the such pleasing view.
crunchy chip clears his throat again.
'do you.... know anything significant about this day?'
wildberry blinks, his mind clearly blanked out.
'scarcely. i do not tend to keep up with meanings with significant dates.'
crunchy chip is surprised, the fact that even he himself, someone from a once closed-off land, had remembered valentine's day before a hollyberrian, a citizen of sheer freewill.
'aha.. don't worry. i'll explain it to you.'

crunchy chip cookie briefly explains the significance and meaning about the valentine's day date to wildberry, who listens carefully.

'i see...' wildberry straightens his back, slightly straining his neck after looking down for so long at crunchy chip.
'so it's a day in which cookies share their love to each other.. with sweets?'
crunchy chip nods excitedly.
'yes! it can be unconditional or romantic. as far as i was told, it doesn't have to be just chocolates, either.'
the taller male silently bows his head.
'i get the picture. i apologise for my lack of knowledge about this.'
'oh, no. don't worry about it. glad that you heard about from me.' he says, now becoming a bit hesitant after looking at a constant direction.
'well...' he begins, now becoming a bit flustered, feeling himself heat up dramatically in his clothes. he shuffles slowly towards the bush, pulling out a relatively small bag and a handful of fresh and colourful flowers. wildberry's eyes widen, becoming unsure how to feel.
'it's the most i could do for you, and it's good that we would leave 2 days later. i wouldn't be able to give you anything otherwise.' crunchy chip stretches out his arms to offer wildberry his gifts.
wildberry takes a few seconds to claim them, but then stretches out his arms to hug the other male.
'thank you.' wildberry's voice was brittle, sounding as if he were overwhelmed by the amount of emotion he had overcome within a small period of time. crunchy chip doesn't try to push away, and gives him an awkward pat in the back.

'i'm so happy to have worked with you, even after all that's happened.'