x

this chapter may contain mentioning of drugging. viewer discretion is advised.

wildberry feels a cold sweat run down his bare palm, as he stands without any form of movement, trying to hide his intimidation from the king.
'my lord, your highness.' he shouts loudly, his posture becoming too straight to the point he could feel his armour impaling into his stomach.
the ancient cookie does nothing but stare bewildered for a moment, but does not pay too much attention towards the guard's unusual attitude.
'at ease, young soldier. give yourself a moment to breathe.'
his cape tattered with loose threads of purple skids across the newly constructed marble flooring.
wildberry, almost embarrassed, straightens his back properly, sighing deeply.
the taller cookie turns around fully to face wildberry, revealing the exhausted and wrinkled face of king dark cacao.
his voice was just as husky and low as wildberry's, yet it felt like a constant blow of a horn sounded next to his ear, which wasn't the most pleasant feeling.
dark cacao begins to speak again.
'i only wish to exchange a few words with you.' he heaves his heavy sword aside, lying on a fountain, in order to talk to wildberry properly.

'young soldier. is it true that you had went missing with my own assistant?' his voice turned into a low growl of a whisper, feeling the light breath of his heavy accent from every syllable he pronounced brush against his ear.
wildberry remains silent.
'you may speak.' dark cacao glances disdainfully, expecting a faster response.
'yes, my lord.' he could feel his throat dry up and close every time he opened his mouth to speak.
'he was not feeling very well, so i had to take him to the nearest infirmary, sir.' clean. he didn't stutter.

dark cacao nods dryly and faces the other way.
'was he of injury? did you attack him without notice?!' his words became more sharper as his temper got shorter. wildberry flinches at this sudden conclusion.
'o-of course not, my lord! why would i attack my co-worker without reason? i--' wildberry does not finish his sentence to make him sound less.. delusional.
the colder cookie only sighs and rests his hands behind his back.
'i'm concerned about the vigilance you may lack. it had been remarked to me that consumptives were drugged with... aphrodisiacs... within specifically sweets.. in the town's market.' he awkwardly clears his throat, as it looked like he struggled to say it. 'i highly doubt that either of you would foolishly eat them, anyways..'
wildberry guiltily faces the floor whilst dark cacao grabs his sword from the fountain and bows down politely.
'i apologise if i had occupied some of your time. i wish you a good afternoon.' a dramatic silence builds up, but dark cacao turns once more.
'...and do not be acting so childishly towards crunchy chip.'
sorry, what was that.?
his pink braid slides back behind his shoulder whilst he watches, dumbfoundedly, the king wander off in the depths of the busied corridors again.

the king definitely knows about what's going on between this unlikely pair, for sure.
also, about what he said about food being drugged with aphrodisiac. is that what had caused crunchy chip to act strangely in the first place? was it also the cause of his overstimulation as well as desperation in the hotel room?
wildberry's head slowly hangs downward as he began to understand what was happening.
but what kind of civilian would want to drug a visitor for the most humiliating reason? action should definitely be taken after the discovery, and should be charged after affecting a dark cacao member's duty.

after being rather flustered from thinking crunchy chip was desperate for him only because of the "medicine's" after effects, he gets back up onto his feet to search for his leader again, the two-bunned bimbo hollyberry cookie to inform his downfalling experience of the mission so far.