Chapter 13: The party pt 2

Devin;

My nerves were in my stomach as we approached the venue where the event was being held. I saw so many celebrities walking about from Jessie Deep to Brisa Jupiter. It sucked what Jessie had been through with her ex husband. He was a dick.  "Devin are you alright?" Nubbie asked. I turned to her and smiled weakly. "Yeah I'm great, nothing like a little mingling among the stars after a divorce left you broke to give you a wake up call," I cleared my throat and pulled at my collar.

"Driver can we drive around the venue for a few more minutes," Nubbie asked.

"No, you don't have to-"

She put up her hand and shook her head. "I know you Devin, you are panicking that your ex will be here tonight, I get it, I should have never asked you out to this thing, it was too risky," she said apologetic.

I grabbed her hands in mines and shook my head. "No, no, this is your night and despite what I am going through, I am here to support you, this was the best decision you made for me, truly I am grateful Nub," I said with a smile.

She smiled big, showing off her dimples that I used to love. If it wasn't so dark in the limo I would have sworn she was blushing. I let go of her hands and cleared my throat. I fixed up my semi loose collar with Nubbie's help before she signal to the driver to return to the venue.

When we approached the red carpet area she turned to me and said "just breathe," then the doors to car open. Flashing lights were everywhere blinding us. I stepped out of the car first and held out a hand for her to grab onto.  She reached out her hand and placed it into mines. It was so soft and warm just like her.

She stepped out the car and put on her  "professional smile" as she called it and locked her arms around mine, in that moment I knew the questions would fly.

"Nubbie you have such a lovely dress! Who designed it?" Someone asked.

Nubbie smiled as she twirled in the dress. "It was designed by Don Versa,"

"There is also a surprise," I said before pressing the button.

Her dress blew up in flames and everyone stood back as they got scared but the fire died as fast as it started. Underneath was a deep red dress with the same slit and black dragon prints crawling up both ends of her hips and meeting at her breasts that ended in a V cut. It sparkled with tiny diamonds stitches into it. Everyone was amazed and distracted... until they weren't by the next questions to fall.

"Nubbie! Nubbie! Is that your boyfriend?" One person asked.

"Isn't that Terra's ex? We're you guys together when they were married and the cause of the divorce?" Someone asked receiving a slight frown from her.

"Yes I am Terra's ex, but Nubbie is my friend and I am honored to be this gorgeous lady's date for the billboard tonight and the end of relationship is not for the public's ears or eyes," I said confidently.  I would do anything to protect her reputation.

"No further questions please unless it's about my upcoming album," she said as she smiled and we were guided away by security to our seats.

When we were seated inside Nubbie was angry and clenching her jaw, I could tell from the fact she wasn't looking at me. I rest my hand on her hand and she pulled away. She sighed as she rubbed her temple and pulled my hand back. "I am sorry Devin, I didn't mean to be cruel, I know you are trying to support me the best you can, it's just that, that question they asked about us, as if we were the cause of your divorce, and the fact no one came at Terra tonight about her role in it, it pisses me off, I just-" she sighed again.

"I know Nubian, I am not angry at you or anyone as a matter of fact, I don't care what lies the world is spreading about me, the only one's opinion of me that matters is yours and Sobah," I said as I gave her a smile.

She smiled at me as her eyes glisten. I wondered had she been crying about the situation. I know how fustrating everything is. I knew how strong she had to be for her group. How she had to carry the weight of them plus the pressure of expectation of being more integrated into a society they never wanted to be in. I knew then how hard she worked and how hard she's still working now to maintain her image.

"Oh, Nubbie, it's good to see you here," she said.

I felt Nubbie's hand clench mines as she made eye contact with her. "You know it's rude not to say hi to your best friend,"  she said.

"Ex best friend," I corrected.

She turned to me and rolled her eyes. Beside her clutched to her arm was Jenna. She was looking at us shyly. "Hi, Jenna," I said. She looked slightly shocked before fixing her face into a grimace look. I knew she was playing up the part in front of her bestie.

"So how have you been Devin? I see Nubbie's been taking care of you. Is she as good as me or am I better?" She smirked.

I rolled my eyes, that is the last thing I thought about with Nubbie. She respected herself more than Terra every could.

"No one could compare to a real quean like you Terra," I said with a fake smile.

"Oh I know, that is why you stooped so low," she said as she flipped her extensions.

"I think you misheard him," Nubbie interjected.

She glared at her with disgust as she said "he said queen, what don't your understand?"

Nubbie begin to laugh as she shook her head before giving her a serious look.

"No dear you don't understand, he said quean not Queen and telling by your moral compass you are in fact anything but. You are a woman who pleasures without conscious, so please leave us be," she said as she stood up and turn Terra away.

Jenna quickly guided Terra away to keep her from saying anything else to us. I smiled at Nubbie for the first time I saw her cool headed composer drop and she was fuming. She was clenching her jaw again out of annoyance. I poked her face making her slap my hand in reflex. I laughed as I said "ow," she looked up surprised at her actions before I poked her in her side receiving a laugh from her. "Devin what are you doing?" She laughed.

"Making you smile," I responded as I poked her side again.

She smiled wider and her dimples showed again.

"Why do you want me to smile so much?" She said as she grabbed my hands to stop me. Her whole demeanor changed and she was relaxed again.

"Because your beautiful when you smile,"

OKAY THIS CHAPTER IS SPICY 🥵! OKAY SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF NUBBIE AND DEVIN? WHAT SHOULD THEIR SHIP NAME BE? AND WHAT ABOUT OUR POOR SOBAH? LMAO JK HE IS PROBABLY WORKING HARD! ANYWAY, SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE oh also do you want to heard Taehyung and Terra's side of the story too?~TB