𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊.

DELILAH woke up the next morning, the sun not even awake yet, they quickly rolled out of bed, the fight with Conrad still on their mind

DELILAH woke up the next morning, the sun not even awake yet, they quickly rolled out of bed, the fight with Conrad still on their mind. They walked into the kitchen writing a quick note about where they are going while grabbing Conrad's keys to the jeep.

Lilah went over to the side of the house to grab their light pink surfboard and put it inside the back before starting the car racing to the beach ready to destroy some waves.

They stopped the car the sounds of the waves filling Delilah with serenity, they quickly put on their wetsuit and headed out onto the water the euphoric feeling of turning eighteen clouding their mind just as a giant wave washed over Lilah, they ducked under not wanting to be dragged under.

When suddenly the perfect wave showed up, they started preparing to do a bottom turn and a cutback feeling the wave under Delilah's feet felt like home, they never want to leave cousins but this summer is different like they can't wait to leave.

Delilah was able to get a couple more waves in before the feeling of barely getting any sleep started attacking the Conklin girl when they saw a boy figure sitting next to their stuff, Lilah started walking over to their bag. And there sat Conrad Fisher himself smoking a cigarette. "What are you doing here Conrad?" they questioned packing their things to head back.

"Came to see my favorite girl hit some waves," he told the Conklin girl taking a hit of the cigarette, "favorite girl? Connie seriously?" Delilah wondered heading back to the car, the Fisher boy on their tail.

"Is this your way of apologizing or is that too hard for you? Or are you already drunk at five in the morning?" Lilah asked him jumping in the driver's seat. "I don't know why I came here," he said flatly ready to walk back to the beach house, "get in the car Conrad," Delilah sternly told him, "please, you would do this to me on my birthday?"

That caused him to sigh as he got into the car, "you have no idea what you do to me," Conrad mumbled, "do I wanna know what you just said?" Delilah told themselves as they connected their phone to the aux as the sounds of trouble by cage the elephant filled the awkward silence.

Delilah ran inside the house the second they stopped the car, wanting to leave that suffocating Jeep. Lilah quickly put all their stuff away ready to fall back into their soft bed, they raced up the stairs not wanting to even look at Conrad.

The second Lilah made it to their bedroom, they quickly slipped an oversized t-shirt with Taylor Swift's face on it with the words wildest dreams slowly disappearing from wearing it a million times. Delilah danced their way over to their record player to play the soft sounds of ABBA to fall back asleep.

{☀️}

THE RAVEN-HAIRED GIRL loves their birthday it falls on the last day of June, making them pretty excited for no reason but the Conklin-Fisher family always has a giant Star Wars marathon and opens presents while always giving them French toast in bed right at 9 am.