Chapter 67

A
Ye Chen certainly remembered her

. For him, it was an important event in his life.

Even though he couldn’t get out of the bed after being beaten by his father back then, he had always felt quite proud of himself for being able to do such a thing. He kept flaunting it in front of Gu Xi and Yu Xingzhe for a short while.

After all, he had saved an extraordinarily charming ‘little girl’. Maybe this was their predestined fate of marriage.

Well, it was indeed a predestined marriage, just that the ‘little girl’ had grown up into a ma…masculine man.

At that time, Ye Chen lived with his (maternal) grandfather. Because Mother Ye was the youngest daughter, grandpa was already very old by then. After he retired, he went back to his hometown and enjoyed his old age in peace.

His hometown was a pretty lively small fishing village. Because there were military officers guarding the village, it was properly developed and became more bustling than ever.

It took only five or six minutes from grandpa’s house to the seaside. Grandpa was a

trainer

, he started training his grandson. Ye Chen was really afraid of the training, so he would run away to play and hide as long as he could when it was time for it.

The small fishing village was very safe and Ye Chen had good swimming ability since he was young, so no one would mind him even if he went swimming by himself.

That day, Ye Chen was playing ball and building a sandcastle with his group of little friends. They played joyfully.

By chance, Ye Chen caught sight of the mother and child at a glance.

The mother was wearing a long, white dress. She had a graceful disposition and a very elegant demeanor. The child beside her was probably as old as Ye Chen, ‘she’ stared ahead expressionlessly. She was so petite that her eyes appeared really big. When she gazed into the sea, her pair of eyes seemed to reflect a great part of the sea.

Ye Chen was in a daze at that moment. He had met a lot of good-looking people, such as his uncle’s children⁠—his cousin-brothers and cousin-sisters, Brother Xinghai, Old Yu, and the no-longer-fat Gu Xi…

But their beauty couldn’t be compared to this ‘girl’ before his eyes. Her hair dangled just over her shoulders, it looked soft and smooth. She had fair skin, her facial features were so exquisite they looked flawless. She was so lovely she looked like a doll.

Ye Chen couldn’t help but steal a few more glances at her. Later, his friends called him to play with them and he finally let it go. He took the ball and had a match with his friends.

Later on, he didn’t know how much time passed, but Ye Chen suddenly heard a cry for help.

It was very faint, carrying a deep sense of despair and unwillingness, the cry seemed to seep through the bottom of his heart.

Who is it?

Ye Chen looked around. For some reason, he immediately caught sight of the figure of someone struggling in the sea at a glance.

Someone’s drowning!

Ye Chen didn’t think much back then. He immediately took off his coat and jumped into the water. His physique had been trained very well when he stayed at grandpa’s place these years. Grandpa used to be a soldier, and he still trained regularly even after his retirement. Although Ye Chen always hid from him whenever grandpa wanted to train him, he had grown accustomed to the training as time passed.