Chapter 13

I woke up after I hit my head on the door of the car from a hard turn. I open my eyes and groan in pain. Looking up, I see Masky with his mask on and eyes on the road.

    “How much longer?” I asked him in a whisper. He jumps a bit until realizing it was me who said it. He looks at his phone and looks back to the road.

    “About ten minutes,” He answers. I sigh and rest my head against the seat behind me. “Just to know, there will be some rules you have to follow when we get there. Got it?”

    “Yes,” I said to him. “You guys said I need a blind fold when I get to the forest?” Masky nods. I wasn’t too good at starting conversations without things getting awkward with silence. I wanted to grab my sketch pad but it was in the cargo bed with my bag.

    Did my bag fall out? I get up and look out the window in the back and just barely see my bag in the back, gleaming in the moonlight. I check my watch and see it’s four-twenty five. So in about five minutes or so we would be at Nicolet National Park. 

   Jeff groans as he wakes up. His mask was off from sleeping so his scared face was seen. I see his face and stare for a moment. It’s a lot to take in, okay? You don’t just see a random man with a scary face every day.

    He noticed it and scoffed. “What are you looking at?” He said. I turn away, rolling my eyes.

    “Your mom,” I said to him. Why the heck did I say that? I haven’t said anything like that in years. That's an old meme. He chuckles a little at what I said which made me question my life.

    “You're just like Ben,” He said. Oh, Ben Drowned! The short link! 
Ben Drowned was the story of a twelve or thirteen year old boy who loved The Legend Of Zelda. There were two different versions of the story of how he possessed the game Legend Of Zelda Majora’s Mask. The first one was where his father drowned him in a tub and the other is where his bullies drowned him in a lake. When he drowned, he possessed his game Majora’s Mask and killed anyone who played but first tormented them. 

    He started to evolve and he can enter throughout the internet and other games. He uses an app called Cleverbot to attack his victims. I heard he’s a big gamer on other games now and when he possesses games he can send in viruses and hack. I wouldn’t want to play video games with him to be honest if he cheats.

    He wears the clothes of Link from Majora’s Mask. So he has a green tunic with a brown belt and strap. He wears brown boots and has blonde short, messy hair with Links hat. His eyes are a red colored iris and the sclera is black. He has blood that comes out from his eyes nonstop, especially when he’s mad.

    I looked out the window of the truck and saw a giant forest coming in sight. Masky started to drive into the forest instead of parking it in the road. It was good since the car couldn’t get taken and they would get it when they are in the forest. Masky reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a black and white bandanna.

    I guessed that was going to be my blindfold they would use. This also means that the truck will be parked a bit away from the mansion. Masky tapped his partner gently, only making Hoodie shift a bit. 

    “Hoodie, get up, we are home,” Masky said. Hoodie gets up and I decide to wake the others. It’s still dark outside since it’s four-thirty in the morning. Jeff was already waking the others right now. He slapped Jack and decided it would be funny to scream something.

    “HUNTERS!” He yelled. Instantly, Jack and Toby got up in a jump of fright and fierceness. “I’m kidding guys, we are just at the mansion.” Jack hit Jeff in the head and folded his arms. Toby opens the door and I climb out to grab my bag. I opened it up and gave Jack his mask once he stepped out of the truck. 

    “Thanks,” He said. I zipped up my bag and put it into my hands. Toby leaps from the truck and smacks Jack. 

    “Oops…Sorry,” Toby said. Jack growled at him and put his mask on. He took off the bracelet and changed into his real form. Masky and Hoodie came out of the truck with the bandanna. Jeff was out and grabbing some boxes from the cargo bed. My guess is that the boxes had bodies in them or maybe weapons.

    Masky slipped on the bandanna over my eyes and I was consumed by darkness. Someone took my hand excitedly so I guessed it was Toby. My arm was shaking because of Toby’s twitching as he helped lead me through the forest. 

    Everyone's footsteps were heard from the crunching of the leaves below us. While I was walking, I hit something with my foot and fell face first. 

    “TOBY! SHE’S VERY CLUMSY BE CAREFUL!” Jack said in a loud whisper. I get up and rub my face. I put the bandanna back on but I make it to the point where I can see where I’m going. 

    “I’m right here Jack And I’m not clumsy, I’m just admiring the ground,” I say. The others burst out laughing and I start to laugh at myself now. 

    “It’s a very nice ground, so shush,” I say. They laugh harder this time and so do I. We continue walking and hearing the familiar sounds of our footsteps. All of a sudden, another pair of steps is heard. They sounded like it was coming from my right. No one was on the right side of me so I stopped.

    The sound of footsteps disappear and I turn my head to the right to face the forest. I take off my blind fold and try to let my eyes adjust to the darkness. All I could see was the trees and bushes. This didn’t make me feel comfortable though. I swore someone was out there watching us.

    A  finger taps me on the shoulder. I snap back and see Hoodie taped me. The others appear to have weapons in their hands right now so that just tells me that there is someone out there. Or maybe they think I was planning to escape.

    “Someone’s out here with us,” I say to them, calmly and quietly. Masky and Jack nod, slowly approaching the forest. Jeff had a large kitchen knife, Toby had his hatchets in his hands, Hoodie had a PVC pipe, Masky held onto his glock, and Jack had his scalpel in his hands.

    Footsteps became noticeable from the forest. They men gripped onto the weapons tighter. The footsteps started to pick up the pace. Something started to run and it was coming at us.