Chapter 26

Authors Note: I Got This Idea From WeirdCore Or DreamCore Since They Are Similar And Close When Thinking About Dreams And Fantasy. When You Read This, Things Will Get Strange And Give Backroom Vibes.

    This all had to be a loop of dreams. I kept on appearing in all of these different fantasies or old memories from my childhood. All of these would be nightmares or dreams that I enjoyed when I was younger. The one with EJ before was probably something younger me would have wanted but now, it was a thought that scared me. I had entered four dreams already and swapped out of them when I blinked three times. I had been taught to do this so I could wake up but everytime I would enter a new dream. This time, everything was different. I was in a world with red grass, orange skies during the day, hot pink skies during the night, a green sun, and two black moons. 

    “Well this is straight up what I’d see in a mental asylum, okay,” I said to myself. I remembered this was a drawing I did. It was meant to look like this because it was based on a thing called, WeirdCore. It is basically a aethstetic that was strange and abnormal. The place had planes of grass that seemed to be like a sea. It looked like it had no end, and it would keep going forever. 

    “I’m definitely getting out of here,” I said, blinking slowly three times. Nothing happened. I tried again but still, nothing was happening. This place was definitely a dream but I should be going somewhere else. The one after the lovesick EJ was one where I was back home with my family and safe but they weren’t the same, that's how I could tell the world was fake. After that, one had the dream house I made up but in this one, I was all alone and isolated. I was older in that one so definitely not a real world. The other two were just memories of me in seventh grade. Just me and my friends goofing off and laughing too hard at jokes. It was obvious this was fake because I knew I was eighteen and nothing would change that.

    But now I was stuck right in the middle of nowhere, and no one was in sight. It may be better to walk around and see if I could find anything like a sign of civilization. The hills were pretty tall and a few of them were very steep but I know how to go down correctly. It strangely didn’t feel hot, nor did it feel cold. Like the sun and the wind had no effect. My clothes were actually a blue short sleeved shirt, light blue shorts with black leggings underneath, my dirty blue shoes, and fingerless black short gloves.

    Wait, if this isn’t a dream, I could be dead. Maybe once people die, they go into a spiritual dimension in a way where their mind thinks of all these things like worlds of their own imagination. This could be it! Was the idea of the EJ being a monster real? Did he really kill me? He wouldn’t do that to me. Would he?

    After a bit of walking and thinking, I see a random door that is surrounded by mushrooms with black and white eyes. It freaked me out but it was completely weird that a random door was in a field. I saw the eyes of the mushroom stare right at me and I felt completely freaked out. I took the silver door knob from the dark oak door and twisted it. I could see that inside the door was a skating rink, filled with bubbles with glowing colors in them. I looked closely at them and realized they were filled with different liquids and a key was in each of them. I walked in and my shoes were instantly replaced with white skating shoes. 

    I don’t even know how to skate. Seriously dream world! I couldn’t get it right as a kid so how will I know! I started to try and take the shoes on but instead they tightened. I didn’t want to mess with them more because they could cut off my circulation if they got too tight. I tried walking but ended up almost slipping the whole time and I popped one on accident and a golden key with a halo shape at the tip. The part that unlocked had spikes in a way that was long at the end and shortened when it was about to reach the stick. The liquid that came out of the bubble was giving off a strange scent. Like, roses of some sort.