Chapter 2

YEANNA

It's been two months since Nox and I started dating but I still feel butterflies in my stomach whenever he's near.

We started a bit off since we both new to this kind of thing. But we silved the mystery of relationship together.

I still remember our first date, a night out wih him as he kept on pertaining.

It was 4 in the afternoon when he called while I was doing the laundry.

"Hey, are you free today? As in right as of this moment?" He asked with a hint of nervousness.

Maybe he is overthinking things and thought I might declined him?

"I might. Why?"

"I wanna go to MOA (Mall Of Asia) and enjoy the rides with you. I wanna ride the drop tower, that ride might be the cause of why my soul would left me because I heard that it will just drop whenever. I also wanna ride that "vikings' ship". But I promise I won't puke because just imagine if those food I ate would float in the mid-air. Also I want to be in the ferris wheel with you and maybe we can— ahm, I talk a lot, do I? Well, you just can say 'no' if you really don't want to. But if it is okay, will you come with me? Just me? Hmm, pretty please?"

He sounds cute but I must act like I don't want to come, right? Minzi taught me to play 'hard-to-get' sometimes, but don't overdo it she also said.

"Hmm... I'll think about it."

I didn't know playing 'hard-to-get' is this fun. He was silent for a while. I thought he ended up the call but when I check my phone if the call is still on-going, he spoke.

"Oh, okay. I hope I'm not disturbing you right now. Thank you for answering my ca-"

Ugh! Here he comes with his cringy yet funny remarks. Nagpapaawa na naman siya and God, this tactic of his is really effective. I don't want anyone to feel this way if I ever decline so sometimes others can get their way with me.

"Silly, I am certainly free"

"Oh! Then I'll fetch you at 7 pm"

Now he's in a good mood, what a guilt-tripper he is.

"Yes, see yah! Bye!"

"See you, beautiful. I love you, as always"

I chuckled at him before hanging up. I quickly clean myself and wore some powder and a liptint that Minzi bought for me as a gift. I wore a simple turquoise green dress with white cardigan and white sneakers.

When I got downstairs and it was just
6:30 pm, I saw Nox laughing with my parents. He wore a simple turquoise polo shirt with light brown pants and white sneakers. He looks drop dead gorgeous and that makes my heart skip beats. He wears his black earring in his left ear. He can't wear it at school since earrings are forbidden for boys so he only wears it outseid the school premises. He then looked at me and stood up.

It really looks like we planned the whole thing, starting from the place up to our matching clothes but we didn't.

As I walked down the stairs, he smiled widely. My Papa tapped his shoulders while Mama held his hands tight and smiled.

"Oh, if it isn't my beautiful girl"

Nox said with so much pride and I must admit that I felt kilig. He held my left hand with his right hand. He looked deep in my eyes and smirk.

"Anak, mag-iingat kayong dalawa, ha?. Kanina pang umaga nagpaalam sa amin 'yan si Yshiro at halatang excited na excited kang makasama"

Ani ni Mama na nakatabi ni Papa. Si Papa naman ay mayroong panunukso sa paraan nya ng pagngiti. Bumaling si Papa kay Nox at 'di nagpahuli sa pagbibilin.