Chapter Forty: Christmas at the Delacour's

Christmas at Grimmauld was an actual pleasant affair and the house was filled with joy for the first time besides what went on in Harry's room. Sitting at the dining room table, presents went around after a big breakfast with the reveal that Mr. Weasley was back home and even looked like he lost a bit of weight. A few weeks without his wife's cooking made him even look like a new man. He still had some scarring snake bites on his face along with bandages holding up his most injured arm. The one he fell on after the snake venom knocked him out.

Before everyone dug in for breakfast Mr. Weasley even made a toast thanking Harry for paying for his life saving procedure. Harry took the praise and nearly became a little misty that he was able to save his life so Ginny and the twins didn't have to grow up without a parent. The mood was a little somber for a minute but quickly picked up with the delicious food and talk of other subjects.

When the time presents started everyone received their yearly Weasley made jumper. The twins gave out some of the new products they had been developing much to their mother's chagrin. When Harry's turn to give presents came he had Desiree help him pass them out. He gave Ron his first which was a small bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. That was a little dig because about half of those were rancid flavors.

For Tonks, Hermione and Ginny he gave them the small jewelry boxes first and received some very happy noises from all the girls. Hermione received a silver book charm necklace that doubled as a locket. It was beautiful and didn't look cheap. Hermione once again felt like Harry knew her so well. Looking up into his very pleased green eyes she promised to give him a gift just as good as this one.

Ginny received a silver broom pendant necklace that she immediately put on. She was a quidditch girl through and through and this would be a perfect addition to her look. With her parents she couldn't thank Harry the way she wanted to but gave him a deep thank you with a twinkle in her eye. Harry had to be blind to miss it because once they were back in the dorms she was going to thank him properly and not stop until she wears him out.

For Tonks he got her a pair of earrings that matched her usual purple hair. They weren't too big but big enough to bring attention from her eyes to her ears. Tonks usually wore small little hoops in her ears but she loved how Harry's gift matched her shade of purple hair exactly. And she didn't even need to put any effort into changing her usual hair color. She had already given Harry plenty of sex the last couple days in every position imaginable so she didn't know what more she could do to show her thanks. Being stuck between Harry and Desiree was very pleasurable and almost made her earn this gift.

Before Harry was done he doubled back on Hermione and handed her a big box gift wrapped. She ripped open the gift wrap to find a box filled with antique magic books. While Harry didn't know too much about the books they were all in new magical avenues Hermione would likely want to go down. A book on rituals, runes, alchemy, etc. All things that could possibly help him in the future but she would get hours of enjoyment out of. He had seen the happy face she put on while reading a new book.

Hermione was a little embarrassed to get a big boxed present in front of the entire room. It was the biggest present by far but one that no one else could be jealous of because it was something only she would enjoy. Everyone notices Ron grumble at the large box and only settling down once he realizes it was old dusty books. Ron was smart enough to shut his mouth and not be too vocal about his disappointment in presents this year. Usually Harry got him something nice like a Chudley Cannons jersey or a bigger selection of sweets. In the last two years he had partly brought this on himself for turning on Harry's during the tournament. It didn't work out the way he planned with Harry coming crawling back to him.

Once Harry was done giving his gifts Tonks passed over two boxes one for Desiree and one for Harry. Desiree hadn't got a gift besides her new master almost ever. This day she received a jumper on top of her master and Tonks's gift. Opening the wrapping she found it was a special kind of perfume that promised it would enchant the man of her dreams. Desiree usually just kept her natural scent, a kind of vanilla with a little jasmine. It was a scent no one ever had a problem with. Desiree was curious to try something new.