Chapter Thirdy-Six: Meeting the Carrows

Cara Delevingne as Flora and Hestia Carrow

It was the end of November at Hogwarts and the holidays were right around the corner. For Harry things were going great better than great actually. The F.C were now a competent dueling force and positively fearsome in their own right. All of them knew at least one or two lethal spells and knew how to chain attacks while blocking or dodging. Even the younger students that were one or two years younger than the rest of them. He doubted there had ever been a time in recent memory where third and fourth years were this dangerous with a wand.

Susan couldn't believe what he had done in such a short time and mentioned her aunt couldn't get the Auror recruits up to speed this quickly. While they weren't at Auror levels yet in a group together they might just be enough to take on a few Aurors. Harry had also added fighting in pairs or moving from fight to fight seamlessly. All the students could weave in and out of danger while protecting themselves and each other at all times. When the fights were chaotic the students didn't get panicked; they just used their instincts to stay safe and protect the others.

With this new training method new bonds of friendship were formed. While Daphne and Hermione had a classroom rivalry as they jockeyed for position as the best student in class in this room they were almost like sister's. Hermione and Daphne knew how to work together and react to each other in such a way even the twins were a little jealous of. They had problems breaching their defense. It was a shock for Harry along with most of the Gryffindor's who never thought they would see the day. A day when a Slytherin pureblood would be happy to fight alongside a muggleborn.

Luna, Astoria and Ginny also worked well together. Harry had all three duel him at once and even he had trouble beating them. At least without using any dangerous spells. With just the standard stingers and disarming spells it was more difficult than he would have liked. Astoria was mainly on defense trying to protect the more offensive Ginny and Luna. While Luna wasn't vicious she was creative which was almost just as dangerous. Ginny was much more vicious and was fast with her spells as they tried to clinch the victory. Harry eventually got the better of the three of them by taking care of Luna first with a disarming spell as Astoria shielded Ginny from one of his other spells.

The shock of seeing Luna being taken out made Astoria lose focus which let Harry hit her with a tripping jinx. She didn't even notice until she tried to advance to help Ginny who was inching forward with her assault. When Astoria took a step she hit the ground face first and her wand clattered out of her hand onto the stone floor and she knew she lost this round. 'Thank Merlin, these floors are charmed to be padded.' Astoria thought as if this was a real fight she would have taken a nasty fall to the face.

Ginny felt that she was so close to beating Harry until he flicked his wand and a torrent of water came out of his wand that sent her flying back onto her back. Sitting up off the floor it was as if she just stood in the shower with all of her clothes on. Ginny wanted to complain about losing but Harry had the room give them a hand which softened the blow to her ego. It was a little unfair he used a different spell than they agreed but Harry liked to teach them to always be prepared in case people play dirty.