Chapter 1 : (Past Meets Present)

....

Teri galiyon mein na rakhenge kadam, aaj ke baad

Tere milne ko na aayenge sanam, aaj ke baad

....

Target: 10 votes and 15 comments.

Happy Reading!

Author's POV

A lady was peacefully sleeping on her sofa bed when she suddenly woke up panting hardly. She looked here and there in the room. Her hair obstructed her vision. She dug her fingers in her scalp, pulling the hair behind. She laid her head back on the sofa bed and stared at the ceiling still breathing hard.

She placed a hand on her hear which was pumping vigorously, and started counting backwards from 10 to 1, making keen attention on her breathes. She could slowly feel her heart pumping rhytematically and her breathes returning to normal.

When she calmed herself, she sat up straight and held her hair behind. Using her t-shirt's sleeves, she wiped the sweat that formed on her face. She stared at the condition of her one-bedroom apartment.

Office documents, laptop, stationary, food items, her clothes, everything was scattered on the ground. Sighing in tiredness, she stood up and started picking up her created mess.

As she was cleaning, her phone screen brightened indicating that she had a call to attend to. She jumped over the items to reach to her phone.

"Jai Shree Krishna Mumma" She answered the videocall from her mother. Her mother responded with a happy smile.

"What are you doing Vedu?" Her mother, Niyati asked seeing that her daughter was looking in distress.

"My house is a mess" She turned the camera and showed Niyati the condition of her house. Niyati laughed at her daughter's misery. Vedanshi whined in annoyance.

"Start with the food items, they are less" Niyati answered helping her daughter relax.

Vedanshi placed her phone in a phone holder and kept it on the sofa bed from where her mother could see everything she was doing.

The mother-daughter duo talked about random things as Vedanshi cleaned her house.

"Where's dad?" Vedanshi asked as she slumped onto the sofa tiredly.

"He is sleeping" Niyati answered.

"And the others?"

"Ved and Nikhil have gone for dinner with their friends. Siya is sleeping. And your chacha chachi have gone out on a date" Niyati said looking at the T.V. Ved was her real brother but Naksh and Siya were her cousins. They were her father's brother's children.

"Waah. Chachu has seemed to forgotten to tag me along. Let me call him, how could he do this to me" Vedanshi looked at Niyati with a sad and angry pout.

"Let that man live Vedu. You've disturbed him enough in your childhood" Niyati laughed, reminiscing the past.

"Fine. But tell him to call me as soon as he returns. Chachi also hasn't talked to me in a while"

"It is because they want to talk to you in person. What was the need to start another branch of AVISHKAR in London" Niyati answered, feeling sad that her daughter stayed away from them.