Chapter 3: (Pawns Arranged)

....

Rukna aur thakna hai mana

Jeetna chahe agar tu yahan

Kar khudko taiyar zara

....

Target : 10 votes and 15 comments.

Happy Reading!

Author's POV

The morning came sooner than expected. Vedanshi's eyes were swollen due to lack of sleep. The whole night passed in reliving the past memories, some good and some bad.

She decided to opt for traditional wearing for the day. She missed the comfort she felt in it. Wearing a sky blue colour traditional dress, she concealed the marks that showed her weak side. She paired it with white heels and nude makeup, adorning her wrist with a white watch. She pulled her hair into a loose braid, resting it on her left shoulder. A few tendrils left the captivity of the braid and framed her face.

 A few tendrils left the captivity of the braid and framed her face

She continued her daily routine to her cabin. On her way she had a call from an unknown number which disturbed her thoughts. She called Shikha immediately in her cabin.

"Start" She said sitting on her chair, listening keenly at her P.A. 

"Do one thing, cancel all my meetings for today and book one meeting with the Rajputs. And tell them that all 3 of them are supposed to be in the meeting" Vedanshi answered looking out of her building admiring the view with a smile. Shikha didn't ask her the reasons and simply just followed the orders. 

"Okay ma'am" Vedanshi asked her to leave with a nod. She dialled a number and waited for the receiver to answer it.

"Hey, what's the situation there?"

"80% trust gained. He is buying small businesses without thinking. He is riding on a high horse. Microphones and cameras are installed" The receiver answered whispering.

"Okay" She cut the call and turned her chair towards the desk. She wore her black rimmed spectacles and switched on her laptop. She logged in her password and allowed the cameras to play their role. She could see the man on the other hand, flirting with a woman in his cabin.

"Welcome to the game" She smirked to herself. She shut the laptop and walked to the window smiling hard. She heard a knock and said 'come in'.

"Ma'am I've fixed the meeting. The Rajputs want to meet you at the earliest" Shikha said looking down at the notes she had written from the call.

"Okay" Vedanshi picked up her purse to leave.

"Do I need to come?" Shikha asked as a dutiful P.A.