Chapter 8 : (Glimpse Of The Past)

"What do you mean?" She asked shocked with the new piece of information.

"Yeah... We had problems in our marriage so we thought to separate" The annoyance in his tone was quite evident but so was the surprise in her eyes.

"Why are you telling me this?" She looked at him with questions dancing in her mind.

"Are we seriously going to pretend that we've never been a thing in past?" He asked frustrated with her indifference.

"Our paths are different. It is better to pretend that we never knew each other and move on with our lives" She said in her soft voice. Within 2 steps, Shaurya was infront of her, holding her hands behind her back.

"Leave me Shaurya" Pleading in a tired voice, her head fell on his shoulder. He placed his index finger under her chin and made her look towards him.

"Why did you get a panic attack?" His grip on her hand tightened as one hand found a way to hold her nape. He stroked it lightly with his thumb.

"I don't want to talk about it.. Please Shaurya. Am exhausted, I can't take it anymore" Her eyes filled with tears as her emotions weighed her down.

"How long are you going to run from me? From my questions?" He dragged her to the nearest tree and caged her, placing his hands on either side of her. She placed her head on the bark of the tree and stared at him.

"Start speaking, before I lose my patience" He glared at her.

"Am not answerable to you or to anyone" She crossed her hands at her chest and looked at him challengingly.

"Well then... you will answer me in this only manner. You brought this upon yourself" He gripped her waist tightly, pushing himself onto her body. Her hands flew towards his chest to maintain distance, but his strength was much greater than hers. Leaving one hand from the waist, it captured her right breast underneath the saree pallu. Vedanshi's spine straightened in shock.

"LEAVE ME!!!" She screamed in horror and pushed him away from herself. Shaurya stared at her expecting answers.

"You want to know why I had panic attack?" She shouted at in anger. Her breathes fastened as her anger reached its peak.

"I was fucking raped! Raped by the man I loved. Raped by my husband. Raped by someone I fucking placed my trust in" Angry tears streamed down her face. She wiped them furiously using her hands.

"Is that enough for you Shaurya? Is that answer enough for you?" She threw small punches on his chest which he took in. He couldn't believe himself. For a fraction of a second he thought his ears were ringing. He didn't want to believe that a strong female like Vedanshi would be in such a position.

"Say something" She held him by his collars and shook him. His trans broke and he looked into her eyes. Without saying anything, he pulled her in a tight hug. Unknowingly her hands too wrapped around his waist, seeking in his warmth.

 Unknowingly her hands too wrapped around his waist, seeking in his warmth