Chapter 9 : (Destruction Begins)

Vedanshi walked to Ved's room, checking up on him. Seeing him sleeping uncomfortably, she placed his legs on the bed and covered him with a blanket, switching of the bedroom lights.

Walking to her bathroom to change, her gaze fell upon her reflection. Kohl and eyeliner running down her eyes, leaving behind a black trail from red puffy eyes. Pulling her hair into a ponytail, she started removing her bangles and watch,placing them on the cabinet. She washed away the proofs her weakness, pulling up the charade of the strong businesswoman.

"Hey" She ringed her best friend, Omkar, who received her phone on the first ring. Omkar woke Sanskriti who was sleeping beside him and kept the phone on speaker.

"All okay, Vani? Are you fine?" He asked noticing the time at night.

"I told Shaurya about my rape" She said holding the phone close to her. Sanskriti and Omkar looked at each other shocked. Sanskriti motioned him to continue talking to her.

"Vani, jaan, did he do anything, did he force you to tell him about it? How are you feeling now?" Omkar asked desperately, tensed about his bestfriend's mental health.

"No, nothing of that happened. I... I... I actually feel good after telling him about it. Its like there was a load on me which got towed after talking to him. Omi, I've lost my everything once, I don't want someone else to lose theirs because of me" Vani complained, having flashbacks of her life falling apart, piece by piece.

Sanskriti asked Omkar to go talk to Vani alone as it was a conversation between 2 friends and she had no business in there. In the beginning she was slightly jealous about Vani's closeness to Omkar but after a few interactions with her, she should respect their bond.

"Relax Vani, its okay. Give yourself a try, you won't ruin things for anyone. Believe me. Didn't you say you felt good after sharing a part of your past? Its a step to accepting it the way it is and raising above it. Don't think much right now, okay?" Omkar switched off the speaker and moved to the balcony, standing in a position where he could see his wife return to sleep. He was thankful to god for having an understanding wife.

"Its not about that. He has 3 kids Omi. I am risking many lives once again. I won't be able to survive through it if history repeats itself. I want to end this cat-and-mouse game before something new begins incase it begins even" Vani wiped her tears and looked in the horizon.

"Trust me, things will change and this time for your good. What's the plan?" Omkar said understanding her emotions.

"Are our actions ready for his downfall?" She asked with a new built confidence.

"Its a 'go, no-go' situation. When you say ready, we are good to go. About the company under his name, there's no way you can take it from him without harming it" Omkar said as a true businessman.

"I've a solution for that problem. Can we start snatching buyers from him to ours from tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah, if you say we can start right now too" 

"No No, I've sent my pawns to do that work. Anything related to my field, I'll be getting the orders"

"How have you thought to manage those orders? You'll fail in your plan if you won't meet those orders on time"

"That too is figured out. Tomorrow my company at 11, you'll see the result, promise" An evil smile formed on her face.

"Rahul Agnihotri won't even know what struck him" She felt a wave of happiness run through her spine as she spoke the words.

"Take rest Vani. And please don't overthink into the situations, you've got this covered. And call me if you need anything or need to talk to anyone, okay?"

"Yes dad!!! Keep this sweet sweet words for your wife, that innocent girl doesn't know the devil you are" Vani said laughing, changing the topic.

"Don't eye my wife. Ektoh waise bhi merese khafa khafa phirti hai (She's already upset from me). Don't add fuel to fire" Omkar warned her.

"Seriously, even after a year you still haven't being able to pacify her. What more wrong did you do now?" Vedanshi (Vani) said laughing.

"What are you laughing at? Instead of helping me you are making fun of me. I didn't do anything this time. She just won't forgive me"

" Maybe she wants something else from you which you too want but you keep denying yourself because you feel you aren't worth it or maybe she won't be able to handle it" Vedanshi replied on the basis of her last talk with the females of the house.

"First things first, I heard alot of you's there so everything went above my head. Hopefully I'll be able to decode your advice. Anyways, go sleep and let me think of ways of pacifying my wife. Don't disturb me till morning"

"Hatt.. who even wants to talk to you and spoil their mood. Poor Sanskriti, she has to bear you for lifelong. Go sleep pig" Saying that she cut the call. Her heart knew that she would call him again and again if need be, even though she said opposite to him. Their relation was of tom-n-jerry at times.

She checked on Ved once more before she went to her room to sleep. Placing a kiss on his forehead, she attached a sticky note on his bedside table, indicating she was home.

NEXT MORNING

Dressed in cream pants and black shirt, Vani looked at the destruction phase 1 going on from her cabin.

Omkar alongside Viaansh entered her cabin looking confused with things going on in her office.

"What the hell is happening?" Viaansh said confused.

"Phase 1 destruction" Vani replied with a smile stuck to her face.

"Elaborate" Omkar said taking a seat opposite her.

"I lowered my quotation prices, attracting all the orders from Rahul. And about the labour work, I have given my employees a pay raise on the condition that they will work a few extra hours. And Rahul might have bought all the small businesses, but he forgot those that work for themselves. I am distributing the work in this branch to the branch in India. Additionally I've hired a few students from architect final year, some of the students are exceptionally good so I hired them in this branch and also in India" Vani explained her doings in details, making Omkar and Viaansh both proud of her business skills.

"Any you know what, some of the orders are already ready" She was extremely happy with the way her plan was taking place in reality.

"How is that possible?" They looked at her as if she lost her mind.

"I stopped playing fair long time back" She winked at them.

"Now, next part of the plan is on you 2. Designs are ready so you two will have to takeover from there" She said in a serious tone.

"I've partnered with a few other co-operations, so it would be smooth on our side" Omkar replied.

"Perfect. Let's wait and watch what happens next"

"Yupp"