Chapter 5: (Pins And Needles)

....

O Khuda..
Bata de kya lakeeron mein likha
Humne toh..

Humne toh bas ishq hai kiya..

....

"Ved, please wake up na yaar" Vedanshi tried waking him up for the 3rd time in a row. Ved continued sleeping without caring about the world.

"5 more minutes" He said pulling the blanket over his head.

"It's 8 already, don't you have to go to work?" She said leaving the room.

"Shit!" He woke up with jolt and rushed to have a bath.

After Raksha Bandhan, her family stayed for 2 days before they left for India. Ved stayed back with her as he had opted to do an internship where his sister lived. Today was his first day as an intern, in the largest hospital of the city. He walked out of the room wearing a crisp royal blue shirt with coffee brown pants. 

"Hey dii" He walked into the kitchen to make themselves a cup of tea. Vedanshi even after 10 years, couldn't see herself in the kitchen without losing her senses. She sat on the dining table with her paperwork, checking them for any errors. Ved poured the tea into 2 two thermos and passed one to her.

"Thanks" She took a sip of it and stood up to leave for work.

"Come, I'll drop you on my way" Ved walked behind her, picking up his stethoscope. Both sat in her car and started driving to his destination.

"Sun, there is something for you on the back seat" She said looking ahead and him at the same time. He quickly looked behind with a huge smile. He saw a neatly wrapped red gift sitting, looking at him with alot of hopes. Pulling it ahead, he opened it with great enthusiasm, revealing a black watch.

"What the actual fuck??" He screamed in surprise.

"You engraved my name on it, fuck!" He still couldn't believe it.

"I love you so much dii" He wrapped his hands around Vedanshi who was still driving. She laughed at his childish behavior.

"I love you too" The duo talked about random things as they approached their destination. She dropped him off at work and drove to her company.

Shikha, her PA recited the schedule to her. Her whole day was spent, making changes in her plans for destruction. It was as if, she was her greatest competitor, she judges her work more than anyone else. She checked upon time and ringed her brother to know if she should pick him up or it would take him longer.

"I'll be there in a while" Saying so she left her company towards the hospital. Waiting for almost 15 minutes in the hospital parking, she felt bored so decided to ask the hospital receptionist for her brother's status. Walking in with confidence, she stopped at the reception.

"Hey"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"I am looking for Dr. Ved Bhatt. Could you please inform him that his sister is here?"

"Your name ma'am?"

"Vedanshi Bhatt" Before she could reply, someone else replied to it for her. She turned around to look at the intruder.

"Shaurya..." She whispered his name, looking straight into his dark brown eyes.

"What are you doing here in my hospital?" He asked harshly in his cold voice.