Chapter 7: ( Hot & Sweet)

....

Labon ke chhoone se

Khwabon ke kone se

Bachke sab se lab se lab

Ye rag se rag gaya

....

Hriday didn't leave Vedanshi even for a second. He had forced Ved to go home and take some rest as it was still his first day in hospital and any mistake from his side would create disaster for his patients. With a heavyy heart Ved returned home and slept hugging Vedanshi's teddy bear.

On the other hand, Shaurya stood at her door, waiting for her to regain consciousness. Hriday's gaze fell on him and he could see the tornado of questions swirling in Shaurya's mind. He walked upto Shaurya and pulled him outside the room.

"Why did she behave like that?" Shaurya asked him as soon as they were out.

"Not my story to tell but you need to tell me what happened? Ved told me that your were carrying her as she had fainted. What happened Shaurya? Don't leave any details" Hriday asked him in low tones.

"We were talking" Shaurya answered avoiding his gaze from meeting Hriday's calculative eyes.

"SHAURYA" Hriday called his name out in anger.

"Fine" Shaurya explained to him everything except leaving a few intimate details. Hriday's understanding face turned into a anger oozing face as Shaurya finished talking.

"Are you fucking out of your mind?" Hriday landed a punch on Shaurya's face. Shaurya responded it with a punch from him landing on Hriday's jaw. They soon got indulged in a full-on boxing fight. Noticing that the hospital staff was staring at them, they composed themselves and stood up. Shaurya and Hriday walked inside the room and sat on the sofa that was for the visitors.

"Get this one thing clear. She isn't yours anymore. I get it, she cheated on you and you had to fight your way up from hell. She made a mistake and she is suffering her punishment for it. Am not saying, you had an easy time without her. Her betrayal cut right through your heart and soul but she faced stuff which we can't even wish for our enemies. 

Vani is no longer answerable to you. I understand you want to take revenge from her but she isn't in the right state of mind for you to do that. You need to move on and accept it that you weren't made for each other. She has her own life and so do you. You have your 3 kids waiting at home for you. Spend time with them. Love them for being with you. Don't fight for those who left you long time back" Hriday explained calmly to him in hushed tones so as to not awake Vedanshi. Hriday knew the past between both of them, to an extent he knew them more than they knew themselves. He alongside his 2 brothers were best friends with Vedanshi and Shaurya. Unknowingly and co-incidentally, both the sides had always trusted him with their feelings than they did with the other friends. They were just too extra close with Hriday when it came to sentimental topics.

"Hriday... If I wanted motivational talk, it definitely wouldn't be from you. Goddammit just tell me what happened with her. She's returned to my life after 14 years. I can't let her go without her telling me why she did that to me. Why she left me alone, why she betrayed my love? I need answers if I need a closure. She appeared in my life suddenly after 14 years so you can't tell me that I should behave like I never knew her. 

I had fucking loved her above everyone, everything, above me. I am not that cheap to take revenge or something...that's childish. I want to know why she has returned. I can't risk myself again in the game she is playing. I have kids to look after. You can't expect me to erase memories I had with her. If I wanted to hurt her, I would have done that the day I saw her again. I didn't, not because I couldn't but because I didn't care whether she was hurt or not.