Chapter 13: (Atharva Singhaniya)

"Rahul wasn't the one who killed your daughter. Its someone else" 

Throughout the whole ride home she kept wondering about the one liner message from Shaurya. She had spent all these years thinking that it was Rahul who killed their daughter but this one line completely shook her belief.

She soon reached her home. Getting out of the car, she unlocked the door still thinking about what clue has she missed that said Rahul didn't kill her daughter.

"Welcome back Vani" Vedansh was placing the car keys in the key holder when the sudden voice raised fear in her. As a reflex her hand went inside her purse and she removed a pistol from it. She turned around pointing the gun at the voice.

"Dad?" She looked at her father confused at his presence suddenly at her home. He was supposed to be in India with her family and not here. She immediately lowered her gun and tucked it back in the purse.

"Go change, we need to talk" Sushant said in a monotonous tone that didn't sit well with her. Nodding her head she quickly freshened up and walked outside to find her father sitting in dark, rotating the gun in between his fingers as if a toy. She couldn't see her sweet father anymore.

"Dad?" She called him out, maintaining a safe distance from him.

Sushant looked at her with his piercing gaze that made her gulp her saliva in fear. Her heart started beating faster seeing her father look so dark and scary.

"Sit" Sushant pointed towards the sofa with the gun. Vedanshi shook her head indicating that she was fine standing where she was but hearing Sushant remove the safety lock from the gun, she immediately took a seat where he suggested.

"I'll assume you met Rahul today" Sushant said looking straight into her eyes. Vedanshi shifted a little remembering how easily Rahul had read her and all the facade of being strong was useless infront of him.

"And he also knew that you are still the woman he left, weak and pathetic" Sushant's harsh words brought her back to reality. She glared at him for calling her weak and pathetic but didn't say anything to him.

"Why are you here?" She asked trying to control her anger.

"To do damage control since you couldn't get your facts clear" Sushant continuously insulted to get a reaction out of her.

"Why do you know things? Where is everyone else? And stop behaving mean to me" She stood up from her seat and was to turn around when Sushant spoke in a cold voice.

"You think you can hide things well? No lovely daughter you are extremely bad at it. Your first mistake: You thought I'll let you be on your own. Second mistake: You could hide things from me. Third mistake and the gravest of all: I am your father." Towards the end the harshness in his voice disappeared and was replaced with warmth. Sushant stood up and walked to Vani who still had her back to him. Turning her towards him, he placed a small kiss on her forehead which was more than enough for her to break down completely.

She hugged Sushant and started crying out of hurt and frustration.

"Stupid girl thinks she can hide her pain from me" Sushant hugged her back and patted her head smiling. Vedanshi wiped her tears and looked at him questioningly.

"I need you to meet someone special" Sushant placed his gun on the coffee table and looked at her.

"Am not getting married or loving anyone in this life" She said angrily thinking about how her father could go against her wishes.

"Well well dear daughter, this special someone isn't someone I personally would wish you to like him. You can do much better than him. He is special for you because he'll help you reach your goal" Sushant snickered at her thinking before getting down to business. He took his intial position and placed his one leg on the other one.