CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"We finally found you, school mystery no

"We finally found you, school mystery no. 1–" Hanako said, the chandelier that was about to fall on Aoi was now frozen in the air, unable to fall– "the clock keeper."

"The chandelier…" Yashiro said as she rested her hand on her chin, "it's stuck in midair…?"

You then looked back and saw that Kou was stuck in the same place too, a clock hovering above his head. Why weren't you stuck too? Meh, not like you really care… but something felt.. off.

You then looked back at Akane, who was holding Aoi in bridal style, and tilted your head to the side: Hanako was lying on the ground, Yashiro sitting before him while trying to stop Akane from abusing the poor ghost.

You walked behind Hanako and hit him lightly on the head with your bat, "You could've killed my friend…"

He glanced back at you. You had your brows furrowed, eyes looking back at the chandelier. Then the chandelier fell and crashed down to the floor.

"Ran outta time…" Akane tiched, "darn it…"

You looked away to see Kou falling down the chairs.

"Oww…" you said to yourself before turning your attention back to Hanako and Yashiro, helping them stand up.

*

"I still can't believe it…"

"You're totally cool, y'know that Aka-kun?!" You exclaimed, looking at him with stars in your eyes.

Kou then began to beat Hanako-kun, "You went too far!"

As Hanako and Kou talked about how Hanako knew that Akane was a school mystery, you were fawning over the first mystery.

Your friend was a badass school mystery! Of course you were gonna be hyped about it.

"Don't call me 'Aka-kun'! We're not friends!" He shouted at you and you fell to the ground, heartbroken.

"But… I thought we had something!" You dramatically held your chest, sitting on the ground and crying like a baby, "Did that night.. that special night–"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Meh, you're boring anyways." You changed your mood as fast as you stood up. Akane's heart skipped a beat; boring? You thought that he was boring?

"And mean." You added making your way out of the nursery.

An invisible arrow shot through his heart, the words mean and boring written on it. He saw you exit the door, closing it behind you.

"Damn…" Kou said, "I've never seen Y/N do that before…"

"Yeah, it's kinda scary…" Yahiro agreed.

Hanako then added, "You must be in trouble."

"WHAT?!"

*