CHAPTER TWENTY -EIGHT

"AHHHHH!!! I'M DYING!"

"L/N-san, you are not dying."

"BUT, AKA-KUN! LOOK! LOOK!" you shoved your right hand up to his face, almost touching him from how close you held it. Akane looked at your hand with disgust and pushed it away from him, not wanting to see your bleeding fingers.

"Yeah, no. I don't want that near me." He said with a face that could only tell you 'that's really fucking disgusting, man'.

You were at the study camp and you had been peeling vegetables with your friends, Nene and Aoi, until you almost cut your fingers off. In a panic, you ran outside, trying to find someone who could help you, like a student council member. And, finding Akane, you sprinted up to him for help. The students around you were looking at your distressed figure, trying to hold a laugh when you began to blabber on about how you're going to die and that you didn't want to die by peeling potatoes.
Akane was done with your shit and told you to go to go to the nurses office, not wanting to hear your stupid cries no more. You reluctantly agreed and Akane ran away from you and to Aoi, who almost lost balance while holding something in her hands. Not wanting to hear Akane professing his love for her, only to get rejected, you began to make your way to the nurses office.

When you were about to set your foot inside the nursery, you heard a tune playing, specifically a flute. You stopped in your tracks, whilst you held your four bleeding fingers, and listened - but it was gone as soon as you did so. You furrowed your eyebrows and took a seat one one of the white beds. You leaned over to your right and took out some bandages from the 'night stand' that was by the bed. You pulled your other hand away and your face scrunched up in pain when you saw the deep wounds going across your fingers. You quickly began to wrap your hand up, doing an absolute horrible job at it. In the end your hand was bandaged from head-to-toe, blood oozing out of the white bandages, painting them red.
You groaned and layed your back against the pillow - which was quite hard and uncomfortable to lay on.

Hearing a knock from your right, you looked at the opened door, seeing a tall figure standing there, Teru. He had a small smile on his face, "You need help, Y/N?"

You pouted as you sat up, putting your hand behind your back and looking of to the window in the opposite direction of the exorcist, "Whaat? No, of course not… I don't know what you're talking about…"

Teru crossed his arms over his chest and leaned on the wall by the door, smiling ever so slightly. His eyes looked at you, a hint of teasing lacing beneath the sweet voice, "Oh, well, then I guess I won't be needed here."

Your head quickly turned to him and you looked at him with furrowed brows, "Why did you even come here from the beginning? Don't you have any important duties to attend to? Like being the picture perfect prince of this school?"

Teru shook his head as he chuckled, untangling his arms and walking up to the bed you were sitting on. Taking a seat beside you, he made a small motion with his hands, telling you to show him your injured hand. You slowly pulled it out from behind you, put it in his hand, palm raised to the ceiling so he could better see the poorly wrapped bandage. Teru smiled as he began to unwrap it, careful to not hurt you while doing it.
"Y'know, you've always had quite the attitude."

You rolled your eyes, "Well, yeah–" you let out a small noise as he began to clean your wounds, a stinging sensation running through your hand– "ask my old hag, I'm sure she knows where I got it from."

Teru smiled, still cleaning your injuries, holding your hand in his delicate ones. He stood up and began to walk to the nurse's desk, taking out a first aid kit from it. He sat down beside you and took out a new set of bandages and began to wrap it around your (now clean) wounds. He wrapped it around all your fingers, making them all connect inside the bandage.

You were sitting in a comfortable silence. Neither of you wanted to make an effort to start a conversation. You were looking at him as he finished wrapping your hand. Teru looked up and met your e/c colored eyes.

It was like time stopped.

He slowly let go of your hand, still looking into your eyes and then down at your lips. He started to lean in, putting his hand on your cheek. As his lips were barely an inch away from yours until a loud bang was heard from the door. You quicky snapped out of it and scrambled away from Teru - almost falling off the bed in the process of making as much space between the two of you. Teru looked towards the door and saw a daikon-legged girl standing there, her face flushed red as her eyes met his cold, blue ones.
"O-oh, um, am I interrupting something?" She asked them as she looked at you, who's face was as red as a rose.

"Yes–"

"No!" You cut in, not letting Teru finish his sentence. You stood up and gave a quick bow to the exorcist before scurrying to your friend's side. Taking her hand in your uninjured one, you began to drag her out of the door and away from the nurses office, leaving Teru alone with his thoughts.

He brushed his fingers against his soft lips, a small smile creeping in the corners of his mouth.

A/N: YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BAD I WANT Y/N TO KISS SOMEONE 😫😫 LIKE– IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY HOW MUCH I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN 😭😭😭

A short chapter again bc I'm lazy and have no motivation to write longer ones 🤷 and I want to post is as soon as possible so I don't forget to.

As always, have a lovely day!