CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A new day, a new–

A new day, a new–

"Why are you throwing salt?–"

"Evil spirits!! Begone!!"

Yashiro put salt on Hanako's hair, making him groan out in frustration, "SERIOUSLY?!!"

You inspected Hanako-kun's appearance: he was wearing a Komome High uniform, his cap was gone and so was his old uniform.
As Hanako was trying to eat his sandwich, you leaned down close to his face, nose almost touching his. Hanako obviously blushed at this, his cheeks heating up from how close the two of you were.
Eyes squinting, you said, "Hey Hanako-kun… What's with the weird look you got going on?" You swatted away the salt on his head.

"Weird?!" He stood up fast as you backed away from him, standing beside Yashiro.
"And why would you do that?!" Hanako looked accusingly at Yashiro, "what's wrong with you today, Yashiro-san!!"

"Nothings wrong, I'm totally normal…" she looked away from him.

You had no clue of what's going on. Being asleep for most of the day wasn't a good idea, your mother even had to spray water on you to get you out of bed.
You looked at the two of them with wonder in your eyes, "Have I missed something?"

They just continued to bicker about Yashiro's behaviour for the rest of the lunch.

*

"Hey Y/N?"

"Hm?" You were sitting beside Hanako (who was leaning on the window seal), looking over the school garden.

"Do you really think I'm weird in these clothes?"

"Yes!" You turned your head, giving him thumbs up, a small twinkle coming from your eye. Hanako faltered in his stance, sighing.

"But not that weird…" you mumbled under your breath, "You look cool, I guess."

Hanako looked up from his hands and at you, mouth wide opened. This was the first time you've ever called him cool, at least directly to his face. Then he thought back on today, "...Do you dislike me?"

You quickly turned to look at him to see that  was looking over the school garden.
"Of course not!" You denied while doing an x sign with your arms. It was true, you didn't dislike him, he was your friend after all.

"Then do you like me?" Hanako looked directly into your eyes.

"Yes!"

Hanako hummed while smirking mischievously at you .

"–As a friend."

And he slumped back onto the window seal, sighing once more.
"Well in that case," he took out two tickets to the movie Hamsters Gigantic War, "How about we go to the theater together?"

Your eyes sparkled as you snatched one of the tickets out of his hands. One of the hamsters that were printed on them looked like your dead hamster, Jet-Black Wings.
"You're the best, Hanako-kun! Of course I'll go with you!" You threw yourself at him, giving him a quick hug before composing yourself, still gushing over the tickets.
Then you stopped, "Wait, is this a date?"

"Yeah, that's it. So..." Hanako answered after he saw that Yashiro and Aoi were gushing over you and Hanako's interaction. He leaned in towards you while looking away, hand around his mouth as he whispered, "just… consider it."
"BYE!!!" He rushed out of the classroom door, almost running into Teru Minamoto.

You blinked, "Bye?"

*

Teru Minamoto was walking through the halls of Komome High, going to see one of his friends, Y/N L/N. When he came to the door, sliding it opened and going in for a friendly wave. But what he didn't expect was that you were hugging someone. Even if it was only for a mere second, he still felt a pang of jealousy and betrayal in his heart.
His hand dropped as the person you hugged ran past him, almost running into him. Teru glared after the person, who he saw was a boy, before he turned his attention back to you.

Why did you hug him?

A/N: AHHHHHH!!! FINALLY! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER!

PS- You hugged Hanako because you were excited to see the movie (and I mean REALLY excited, especially when Jet-Black Wings is going to be in it!).