CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

'Hanako-kun said that,

he wants me to keep on living.'

*

His hands were still holding your shoulders while his head hung low. He was afraid that you would disappear. He had never felt like this before, he had never felt so… smitten.

His mood was always at top whenever you're around, but yet…

Why did he feel so incomplete?

So weak,

So…

Vulnerable.

He was selfish for wanting you to continue living.

He was devoted to keeping you alive.

He only cared for you, your life… But yet he was being so selfish.

He didn't care how you had to live in order to be alive, he didn't give a shit. He only wanted the only person he actually cared about to not die.

He wanted to keep on living with you, he wanted you…

To keep on living by his side.

He felt so sensitive, so exposed, so infatuated with you.

He was intoxicated by your smell, your touch, it was like you had charmed your way into his life.

He felt so defenseless against you.

It was like you had entranced him in a spell and captured his heart – his affection.

All these feelings felt unbearable to go through, to feel.

And yet he only wanted to benefit his own egotistical fantasies.

To live a life with you.

What was he expecting you to do? Go on and grant his own wish and keep on living in this fake world?

He had hoped you'd want to do that.

But this was Y/N. They wanted to live in the real world, to experience real life. They wanted to live life to the fullest without it being fake, without it being made up.

You gently took Hanako's hand, lifting it off your shoulder and intertwining it in your own.

It was warm, he thought. He went weak in the knees by just one simple touch.

He began to shake.

Never had he felt like this before.

You slowly began to stand up on the cloud, bringing Hanako with you. He was still looking down, afraid that he might break if he looked you in your eyes.

Your other hand made contact with his cheek and his breath hitched in his throat. Tears began to well up in his eyes, ready to spill. A quiet sob escaped his lips.

Your eyes widened at this.

He was so defenseless in this moment, he looked so vulnerable.

You slowly wrapped your arms around his shaking figure, taking him into a caring embrace.

And that's when he completely broke.

You comforted him as he pulled you into an even tighter hug. Tears fell down his cheeks and he cried his heart out.

You began to play with his choppy hair, whispering sweet nothing into his ear.

You, too, wanted to live by his side.

A/N: This was too much for my heart 😭😭😭