4

The early morning sun shines on Ruth's face. She's been awake the entire night. Her worries of the casino only grew larger as the time ran out. She needs to go back as soon as possible. And to Ruth's luck, she also thought of the conversation Maurin and his parents had. A murderer. The devil. She smiled to the thought. She loved it.

Ruth left her bed and opened the closet. There were many clothes she didn't know who they belonged to, but nonetheless she put them on. A mint colored sweater, and biker shorts that were a bit too big on Ruth but she didn't mind. She put up her hair in a small bun and left two strings of hair out. She already had socks on so she was alright. Ruth headed downstairs to see if anyone was awake. But she saw something else, she saw Ivan and Maurin in the back yard, smoking cigarettes. The voices were muffled but audible.

"I just don't know how to make her like me. I don't blame her at all to hate me and I know she does, but how do I make her not?" Maurin groaned

"Be respectful, brother, I know you're desperately lonely but taking her away wasn't right either. But if you want to gain her trust just respect and treat her well" Ivan said and took a puff of his cigarette.

"Dad was right" Maurin said, "she is the devil, and she can kill you with the wink of her eye. But I love her for that"

Ruth smiled and blushed. Loved her? Maurin, the one who gambled for and against Ruth is in love with her. Perfect. She decided to interrupt their conversation. She opened the glass door.

"Hey" she said.

"Hi" Maurin smiled. It's only now that Ruth sees that he's in love. "Do you wanna sit with us?" He offered. Ruth nodded and sat next to Maurin.

"So what are you two talking about?" She smiled, as if she already didn't know.

"We want to go to a pizza place for breakfast and maybe you'd like to come" Ivan took the last puff of his cigarette and threw it out.

"Yeah I'd love to, that'd be fun"

"That settles it, put on your shoes darling" Maurin winked. Ivan followed next to him and mouthed, bold.
She feels something in her heart as she, too, went inside and into her room. Beating and running like there's no tomorrow. A pink tint surrounds her cheeks as she put on her shoes. Ruth looks into the mirror and sighs. She cleared her throat and went downstairs where the two were waiting.

The three went outside and entered the car. Ivan was the one driving this time and Maurin went to the passengers seat, and Ruth in the back. It was a quiet car ride except for the small talk of the nice weather and which pizza is better, pepperoni or cheese. They arrived at the place and took a seat at a booth. And a little bit later, a boy came to take our orders.

"Hello! I'm Jasper, your waiter, would you like some drinks and appetizers?" He said with a smile. From the corner of Ruth's eye, she saw Ivan look him up and down. He had brown hair, brown eyes, and he was pretty short, about five feet tall.

"Hello sweetheart, I'd like some water please" he winked.

"A coke" Maurin said.

"Make that two cokes" Ruth included. The boy nodded and left to get the drinks.

"I saw that" Maurin said. "You looking him up and down" he chuckled. Ruth only smiled.

"Yeah, I did do that but I don't know if he thinks I'm a creep or that I'm attractive" he nodded the direction the boy. Maurin and Ruth both looked where Ivan nodded and he was looking at Ivan while he pours the drinks, but quickly looked away when he noticed them looking at him.

"He likes you Ivan" Ruth giggled. "Get to know him"

"That's my plan"

The boy came back with their drinks.