8

Back again at the casino, everything inside of it brought a smile to Ruth's face. Again with the luxury dresses and suits, the champagne and chatter, the poker chips clicking against each other, women and men laughing in the VIP and enjoying themselves in the strip club. All the money they have are being risked with each other. Everyone in this casino are addicts, from the employees to the gamblers. It was never a mothers dream to have.

"Ruth!" Ivy called. "Someone's here to see you"

"Who?"

"Her name is Roxanne, I don't know her" Ivy shrugged.
Ruth recognized that name. She can't put her finger on it.

"Did she state her last name?" Ruth asked. Ivy shook her head.
Ivy took her to the VIP room, which was empty except for a brunette looking out the circular window. The lady turned around when she heard the door close.

"Here she is ma'am" Ivy said gesturing to Ruth.
Ruth could recognize that face from a mile away. She cursed at herself and told her to straighten up.
You got this Ruth.

"Sister! Long time no see!" Roxanne spread her arms for a hug. She hugged Ruth tightly, but she didn't return the hug.

"What's wrong sis? Don't love me anymore?"

"It's been too long Roxanne"

"Oh so you do speak? Wonderful, well may we have some privacy, dear?" She asked Ivy who was standing near the door. Ivy nodded and left the room.

"Now, how have you been Ruth? I assume well because of this lovely casino you've built"

"Get to the point" Ruth rushed. Roxanne raised an eyebrow with a smile.

"Can I not stop by to say hello to my own sister?"

"You had like 5 years to do that" Ruth said. "Would you like a drink?"
Roxanne nodded. She called the bartender from the telephone.

"While we wait for the drinks, tell me why you're really here Roxanne" Ruth sat on the settee and crossed her legs, her sister did the same.

"Like I told you, I wanted to stop by. I came all the way here from Los Angeles just for you" Roxanne said.

"Okay. But why now?" A knock on the door. It opened to see the bartender setting down the drinks on the coffee table. The sisters grabbed a glass and took a sip.

"I haven't the time, sister" Roxanne said, "after the fire I had to flee the country"

"How's James?" Ruth asked. That was Roxanne's husband.

"He's well, and he's taking care of our children at the hotel room"

"Children?"

"Yes! I named them Diana and Thomas, they're twins" her sister smiled. Ruth smiled as well.

"I have a house in the country side, would you like to stay there for your visit?" She offered.

"Oh, you'd do that?" Roxanne said, "yes I'd love to stay there"

"It's settled then, I'll call the maid to get the house ready so you can stay"

"Oh you're amazing, Ruth"

She smiled at her sister as she dialed the house number and told the maid to tidy up the house.

"Okay well, the house will be ready in about an hour, the driver will pick you up to take you to the house. Sound okay?"

Roxanne nodded happily and hugged her sister tight. Ruth returned the hug this time. Roxanne thanked her sister again and left the VIP room.
Ruth sighed and sat on the couch. She thought about her sisters movement, talking, and gestures. She changed a lot from when Ruth last saw her.