11

Today was the day. The wedding day. Ruth was so excited and anxious she could jump out of her skin. It was 9 in the morning and the wedding wasn't till noon. Ruth was drinking her cup of coffee in the kitchen as she heard a door open and close. She heard footsteps coming down the stairs, they were light, so she assumed it was her sisters.

"Good morning Ruth" A soft, tired female voice called behind her.

"Hey sis" Ruth took another sip of her coffee, "how'd you sleep?"

"Good, although the twins started crying last night for a bottle and it kind of messed me up" Roxie said. "You sleep like a rock if you didn't hear that"

Ruth giggled. "I must be a rock then"

Roxanne smiled and made herself a cup of coffee too. "It's the big day today" she said as she sipped her drink.

"It is, I'm quite excited" Ruth smiled. She got up and put the now empty cup in the dishwasher.

"Good, do we need anything before noon?" Roxanne asked.

"Yes, I need to get my gun from the casino. Ivy keeps it locked in a safe, so let's get that now" Ruth said. Roxanne took the last sip of her coffee and left upstairs to get ready. Ruth told her to get ready in the clothes she bought her. She dressed up in her short skims dress. She put on her heels, did her hair, took her coat and knocked on Roxie's room. The door opened but it wasn't Roxanne who opened it, it was her husband James.

"Oh Ruth I didn't know you were here" he smiled kindly, "how are you?"

"I'm okay, just waiting on Roxie" Ruth responded.

"Oh yeah she's getting ready. What's the occasion if I may ask?" He said.

"We're gonna crash her boyfriend's wedding" Roxanne came out of the bathroom in her dress and coat. "Long story"

"You look beautiful my love" James gave Roxie a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you" she said. They hugged and Roxie saw Ruth fake gagging from behind her. After they pulled away, the two said their goodbyes and Ruth and Roxie left. They went drove to the casino but Roxanne decided to stay in the car. It was going to be quick anyway.
When Ruth entered the casino she was greeted immediately by the people inside. Ruth greeted them back as she made her way to the safe. When she unlocked it she heard a voice behind her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ivy said.

"I'm going to wonderland. What do you think I'm doing?"

"What are you going to do with the gun" When Ruth turned around, Ivy was standing in a defensive position with her arms crossed and leaned back. She knew she was mad or upset.

"I'll explain later, I need to go" Ruth rushed. Ivy still wasn't buying it. It was nearing ten and she needed to meet with Ivan.

Ivy sighed and relaxed. "Whatever you do don't kill yourself"

"I won't, promise" Ruth hugged Ivy tightly. "Thank you" and she left without another word. A couple of people were trying to keep her back but she wasn't in the mood for questions right now. She ran inside the car and told Roxie to drive to the restaurant near the casino. When they arrive, Ivan was sat at a booth alone. He spotted the girls and greeted them with a smile. They met at the table and Ivan got up.

"Good morning ladies" he fixed his suit, "you must be Roxanne" Ivan grinned.

"That is me" Roxie responded.

"My name is Ivan, it's a pleasure to meet you" he bowed his head and invited them to sit. Ruth unbuckled a leather thigh wrap that held the gun in it and showed it to Roxanne.