Ivans letters: pt. 1

Dear Maurin, 

My brother. I'm sorry for haven done this. I've been in constant pain that I've never told you about. And I couldn't bear it anymore. 

All of the manipulation, pain, and misery I've gone through... I can't take it. Our father is a cruel  man, who only cares for his wife and his business. He never wanted to have children, much less a gay one. Being his firstborn he thought he could change me, he thought he could make me a real man, through abuse. After you were born he stopped abusing me physically, but instead mentally. I grew up without any love, any care for my family. My only will to live was you. And now that you're all grown up you've become one of the greatest people I know. And the world needs more people like you. 
My last straw was when father began abusing me again. It was only when you were out with Ruth. It has been happening since you met her, and I can't stand it anymore. Thats why I decided to leave. 

But since you found who you were looking for, I'm calm. I can be alright. I don't have to die thinking about leaving you with that wretched man we call our father. 

I love you Maurin, and thank you for being there for me. 

-Love, Ivan.