9

The doctor checked up on Ruth and saw that she was okay. Her left arm and the left side of her waist was bruised and scratched horribly but they patched her arm up so they were good to go. Ivan and Roxanne helped Ruth get up from the hospital bed. Ruth changed the hospital gown for her regular clothes but she held the heels in her hand.

"Okay, let's go" Ivan said and led the sisters to his car. When Ruth sat in the backseat and next to her was a chocolate box with a note. She couldn't help but be curious as she read the note. In neat cursive letters
Get well soon darling, I miss you. -Maurin.
Ruth stared at the note for a moment.

"He really misses you Ruth" Ivan says before starting the car. He has Gemma. He chose Gemma over Ruth. "I know what he did was wrong but maybe you should talk to him, give him a chance" he finished as he drove out the parking.

Am I being overdramatic? Ruth thought. I'm just hurt that he had me and still chose Gemma. But maybe Ruth should give him a chance. Perhaps there's a good reason as to why he asked her out.

"Hey, Ivan?" Ruth broke the silence in the car, "can we go to your place? Maybe I can give Maurin a chance" she finished. Ivan smiled and looked at Ruth from the rear view mirror.

"Of course we can"

♧♢♤♡

They arrived at the house. She left the car as soon as Ivan parked. She remembered the first time coming here with Maurin. Ruth sighed and cleared her throat. Ivan and Roxie were already walking to the front door. Ivan unlocked the door and held it for the sisters to walk in. When she went inside. She was looking for Maurin.

"He's probably in his room or outside" Ivan said behind her. Ruth nodded her head and walked upstairs. She walked towards his room and knocked.

"Maurin?" She called.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left" a feminine voice startled Ruth. Gemma stood next to Ruth with her arms crossed and a mean face.

"It wouldn't hurt to smile" Ruth mimicked her posture. Gemma scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Well answer my question"

"I wanna talk to Maurin, do you know where he is?" Ruth asked.

"I do, but he doesn't want to talk to you" Gemma looked her up and down.

"What's with the attitude" she asked Gemma. Ruth was getting a little annoyed with her but she didn't let her show it. Gemma clenched her jaw tightly and gave a disgusting laugh. One of those fake laughs that makes you want to strangle that person.

"He has someone new, he's done with you" Gemma leaned forward. Ruth was getting fed up with this stupid girl so she started walking away.

"Where do you think you're going?" She said scurrying behind Ruth.

"I'm gonna get a kitchen knife to throw at your ugly face" she responded. "Hopefully it will cut through that twenty pound make-up deep enough" Ruth walked to the door to the backyard.

"You little shit" Gemma hissed. Ruth mocked her under her breath. She found the door that leads outside and there sat Maurin. Under the string lights smoking a cigarette. Ruth quietly opened the door to walk outside. She carefully closed the door and tip-toed behind him.

"A pretty boy like you shouldn't be smoking and ruining his lungs, you look like you have a lot to say" Ruth joked, referencing to one of the first things she said to him. He spun around and smiled when he saw her. Maurin stood from the bench and walked to Ruth and chuckled.