Chapter 5• Sick day of an unlucky number

X's POV:

I decided today I'll be making breakfast, four was still asleep and its about to hit 11 Am in like 37 minutes, so i have to cook something fast befour (get it? :v) four wakes up!! I hopped out my bed to leave me and fours bed room,i walked down to the kitchen to cook eggs and sausages, four taught me a while ago on how to cook, i dont really like cooking since four makes the best food!! Even if they're already made from a random dimension (referencing the mac n cheese incident)

I was done cooking, i put the eggs and sausages on a plate and poured four a cup of coffee. I made myself a peanut butter sandwich, i like sandwiches. I looked at the clock and was surprised to see i had been cooking for an hour and a half now, i wonder why four isnt awake yet, usually on weekends he wakes up in 11 - 12 AM. Eh, he's probably extra tired because he randomly woke up in the middle of the night just staring at the window.. Weird of him to suddenly do that at like, 4 AM.

2 hours..

2 and a half hours..

He's not going down yet. I eat my sandwich quickly and headed up to our bedroom, i didn't find him in his bed this time, but in.. Mine?.. "Four, what are you doing in my bed???" Four didn't speak but gave me a thermometer. Holy baskets.. Four had a FEVER?! that i didn't know?! Although that doesn't really explain why four in laying in my bed instead of his. . . "You have a fever? Why didn't you tell me!!" I yelled angrily and worried at four, i think i might've scared them because he started to back up in my bed, a little.. "Sorry" i said. Four repositioned their selves after i said that, i sat on the edge of my bed to comfort four. "Do you need anything?" I asked, fours eyes were leaning on the piece of paper in the room, i got up to grab it and handed it to four. Fours now writing on it.. "Dear x, yes, i do infact have a bad fever and flu. Numbers are unable to speak during fevers, only communication we can really do is me writing on something"

21 minutes passed, four looked hungry, i got up to get him the food i made, four stopped me for some reason, god.. His hand is really hot. He wrote on the paper "Please x, let me follow you" "Four, you're too weak to walk, so please, just stay in bed" Four refused, sigh i help him get up and walk him down to the kitchen. Four looked surprise at the food i made for him, he immediately sat down and took a bite of the sausages. He seemed to enjoy it, "Thanks x, these are the best sausages and eggs ive ever tasted!! :)" He showed me the paper he wrote in. "No problem, four!" After 13 minutes ish or so, four finished his food, he was gonna stand up and wash his plate and fork,i was gonna help him but he fell down, shattering the plate...and injuring themselves..

Four's POV:

Gosh, i am so stupid!! I could've waited for x to help me stand up, now the plate is broken.. I looked at both of my hands to see them so.. Bloody. There were plate pieces in the cuts of my hand as well. X quickly helped me up and swept the shattered plate pieces. It hurts.. It hurts so much. After x was done sweeping and making sure there isnt any extra parts are on the floor, he checked my knee. I didn't notice my knee getting scratched also. "Four, I'll be right back, don't go anywhere, okay?" X rushed to the bathroom lighting speed, i probably almost fell out my chair.

Im so stupid.. This could've been prevented, but i chose to be..

Whats that word called..

Difficult.

A few minutes later x went back from the bathroom, i see he got a lot of bandages and povidone-iodine and alcohol, he started to get the little plate bits out using a tweezer, it hurted so much. Not to mention my hands as well.

1 hour passed. "Hey four, could you move your knee? Im making sure i got all the plate parts" i nodded and swinged my knees back and forth. Wow, x did a good job.. I smiled at x confirming it didn't hurt, he applied the alcohol on a tissue and applied it on my knee, it stingged. After 5 minutes ish so, x applied the povidone-iodine and bandaged my knee. "There!! All done!" X stood up proud, but soon his smile turned to a frown when he saw my hands he sat on the stool next to me and begining to collect the plate pieces, again.. The plate pieces were stabbed in my hands so deep..

X's POV:

As i was collecting the plate pieces from fours hand, i felt something watery hit my hand, i looked at four...Crying.. "H- hey, hey!! Its okay four, im getting the shattered parts out right now.." Fours body was pressured on me, i patted fours back waiting for him to calm down. "Sh, sh, shh.." He looked like he wanted to talk but he couldn't due to his fever. He also couldn't write because of his hand.. I put four back on his old position and started to get the shattered parts out of his hands.

2 hours passed, i finally got all the parts out. I applied a bit of alcohol on the scars of fours hands, gave him povidone-iodine, and bandaged his hand up. He hugged me, weakly. I hugged him back and helped him up, we walk to the bedroom. Four wrote something "X, can i sleep in your bed tonight, please?" "Sure" it was pretty normal now that we sleep in eachothers beds. I turned the light off, i wanted to ask four a question before he sleeps. "Hey four, i have a question.. Is the fever, like.. Going away on its own or do i have to buy you a medicine? I dunno how number- fevers work" that question sounded stupid to be honest. "Well x, it goes away on its own actually. And no it isn't sarcasm it actually remains a temporary time" he wrote. "Oh, okay! You can sleep now!" He looked so adorable when he sleeps.. Except when he snores because i can't sleep until 5 Am i closed the bedroom door behind me gently and went down stairs, i went to the living room and watched TV.

~•End of chapter•~

Word count: 1133