Chapter 12-21 weeks My promise

Eddie woke up to the bedside cold, his uniform was still hung up in the closet, the bedroom door was closed. She figured Jamie went out to go to work and it was urgent. She looked over at the side of the bed and grabbed her phone?

Happy birthday, babe. I love you. Meet me at the diner?

Eddie smiled when she saw the message. Every year on her birthday Jamie would plan something special for her. Last year he surprised her by taking a two day trip to the beach. They were constantly at work and if he could give them both a little getaway, he would take his chances?

I told you not to do anything crazy this year?

She waited for a text back while she got out of bed and got ready?

She walked into the kitchen when she heard the doorbell ring. Eddie Reagan. The man said when she opened the door to him?

That's me. She smiled awkwardly. She didn't recall buying anything?

The man grabbed the items that were on the floor and placed them in her hands. These are for you. He stated?

Thanks. She smirked. She looked at the dozen roses that were the same ones he had delivered to her every year. She closed the door and placed them on the counter, grabbed out her phone and saw that Jamie hadn't responded?

J, what are you up to?

Nothing?

She smirked at his response back and waited a hot second to reply?

Thank you for the roses?

Jamie smiled when he looked down at his phone. He was at the diner, waiting for her to get ready?

I'm waiting for babe?

She smiled at her phone and put on her shoes and walked out the door?

I'll be over in ten?

Jamie heard the bell to the diner ring. He looked up from the menu and smiled at her as she made her way to the table. Hey. She said to him?

He got up from his seat and kissed her cheek. Happy birthday. He whispered to her softly?

Thank you. She sat down in her seat and they ordered breakfast. The roses were a nice touch. She laughed in his direction?

I never forget. He told her?

She loved the way he was smirked at her, it was like the same magical feeling as when they first got married. That you don't. The waiter came over and put a drink down for her. So, what did you plan for today. She asked puzzled?

You have to wait and see. He smiled at her. She looked at him impatiently. Oh it's not that bad?

They finished their breakfast and paid the bill. Ready. He asked her?

Jamie had a day planned out that would bring back memories. They drove around in the car for a little while when Jamie stopped at the curb. What are we doing here. She asked him, with the memory not ringing a bell. Wait is this th-- She stopped when he nodded?

They were stopped at the coffee shop where they finally realized they couldn't keep being just partners when they realized their relationship meant way more to them. Yep. He smirked?

He continued driving and parked the mini golf course. He hopped out of the driver's seat and opened her door. He saw the tears forming in her eyes with the memories of those two days flooding back. Remember this place. He asked her while wiping the tears from her eyes?

She sniffled back while nodding and reached for the hand he was holding for her. He took her inside where there was nobody on the course. Two please. He asked the employee while she grabbed them golf balls and sticks?

He led her outside, where they played all the courses. They got to flag 15 when he stopped her and took her hand. Ed. He stopped her as he saw the tears falling from her eyes. I asked you right at this spot if you would marry me. He smirked and wiped away her tears?

Jamie. She cried?

When I first met you, you were this sassy little thing. He explained. She laughed a sob. I looked at you the first day I met you and something told me that I would never be able to get away from you. He told her truthfully. And now, now I can't get enough of you?

She sniffled and wiped her hand against her face. My life was empty before you, and now I never want to picture it without you?

Eddie gasped and started crying again when she saw him drop down on one knee and pulled out a felt square box. I married you two years ago, and that was the best decision that I've ever made. I couldn't think of something that I could do to make your birthday perfect. He took her left hand and held it in his. He popped open the felt box to reveal a diamond band, the same one as her wedding band. You mean the world to me. He said and slid the band onto her ring finger. Happy birthday. He said to her sweetly and cupped her face?

Jamie. She cried as he stared into his eyes. He kissed her sweetly. She looked down on the matching ring that was on her finger. It's beautiful. She laughed sweetly?

I wanted to get you something that you would remember. This year with a baby coming, we are not able to do all the things that we used to, but I wouldn't trade it for the world, as long as I'm with you. He said?

Thank you. She smiled and leaned against his chest. She sniffled once more and looked him in the eyes. How did I get so lucky?

The real question is, how did I get so lucky. He responded back and kissed her sweetly?