016.coffee shop

chapter sixteen•coffee shop
-WEEKS LATER-

I got a job at the local coffee shop with Michelle. She even managed to pull some strings to get me into M.I.T. with her and Ned!

I am still upset about my past with being a villain, but the others don't seem to remember much about it. I'm going to try use my powers as needed, but I want to focus on getting my life together...

It is snowing outside, and MJ and I stand behind the counter at the coffee shop. "It's my break time," she announces.

"Oh, okay!"

MJ sits down at a nearby seat, and I am left behind the counter by myself. I make sure everything is in place, pouring coffees and grabbing pasteries for customers waiting on the other side of the counter.

***
POV SWITCH
•PETER•

I walk down the street all alone. No one knows who I am. I hope that the spell worked okay and Synne is living the life I should have had all along. A teen life without having to deal with the stress and pressure of becoming a villain.

I'm okay without her. I hadn't known her for long, but I had known her for long enough to know that I am meant to be with her. But now I am unsure that I even deserved her. The universe didn't want the two of us to end up together. I am going to try and explain everything to Synne, MJ, and Ned.

I begin to read aloud my handwritten note to myself. "Hi, my name is Peter Parker. You don't know me, but I... uh. Hi, my name is Peter Parker, and you don't know me, but you-"

I stop when I see the coffee shop Synne and MJ work at. It is covered with holiday decorations and lights. I walk into the store to find Synne laughing with an older costumer. Time stops moving. I can't believe that it is really her.

Synne turns around, her beautiful brunette waves falling down her shoulder. She then looks up at me and waves.

I am taken aback. That is until I realize that she is waving at Ned, who just just entered behind me. Of course Synne wouldn't know who I am or even care about me. The spell is still in place, and I was a fool to ever think it would magically dissapear.

"Hey!" Ned smiles, looking at Synne. and MJ.

Ned walks past me like a stranger and sitsdown at the counter next to MJ. Synne stands behind the counter near them, beginning to notice that a new customer had entered the shop, looking to order something. Me.

"One sec," she whispers to them.

Synne gracefully shuffles her way behind the counter over to me. It is so wonderful yet heartbreaking that she looks so incredibly happy.

"Can I help you?" Synne asks.

Butterflies formed in my stomach. "Hi, um, My name is Peter Parker and I... would like a coffee, please."

"Okay, no problem, Peter Parker," Symne grins, clearly a little confused.

Synne, MJ, and Ned talk and laugh. I smile, a hole still in my heart. I am happy to see all of them, and thrilled that the three of them got in to M.I.T. I am also glad that MJ and Ned welcomed Synne into their group.

When I finally got the chance to speak to Synne, I went off script. I am too nervous to confess the whole truth of all of this to her, or to any of my friends. I am worried that I wouldn't be believed, or I would just mess things up even more.

Synne slides my coffee down the counter. "Peter Parker," she calls.

Hearing her say my name is so bittersweet. I stop looking at Ned and MJ, and turned to Synne with the biggest smile on my face.

"Your coffee."

"Right. Thank you."

"Mmm-hmm."

"Um... are you excited for MIT?" I ask nervously.

Synne looks confused at first. "Oh. Uh, right, yeah. I haven't done many of these types of things."

"Because you never had the chance to do them before."

"Uh, yeah. Right. It just feels different this time for some reason."

I pause This is her new life.

I noticed the bandages on her, probably still from the battle. . "You okay?"

"It doesn't really hurt anymore. Is there anything else?"

I pause. I should really tell her...

I just shake my head and smile. "Uh... no."

I tuck my note back into my pocket. "Thank you."

"No problem."

I take my coffee and take last look at the three of them. "I'll uh... see you around."