Bad Moon Rising~2

Duke University
Vanessa is bringing a box to Nevaeh.
Vanessa:"this box checks Isabela's arrival to Mystic Falls in April 1864."
Nevaeh:"is that all there is about her?"
Vanessa:"all that I'm aware of."
There is vervain in the box. Nevaeh looks at Damon and gives some to Vanessa.
Nevaeh:"here, takes this."
Damon is in the other room looking at some information.
Vanessa:"does vervain really work?"
Damon:"Nope not at all."
Vanessa:"can he hear us?"
Damon:"No, that would be creepy."
Vanessa:"can he read minds too?"
Damon:"you know, if you wanted to see me naked, all you have to do is ask."
Nevaeh:"No, that he can't do." She balls up a piece of paper and throws it at him. Damon dodges it.
Vanessa puts the vervain in her pocket, Damon smiles at Nevaeh. She just rolls her eyes in smiles.
~~~***~~~
Woods
Everyone is at the swimming hole.
Tyler:"is it just me or did Aimee Bradley's ass get hot?"
Jace:"all class."
Tyler:"where is other Gilbert?"
Jace:"I wish I knew."
Tyler:"you guys are on the outs already?"
Jace:"no we're fine. I'm fine. I'm just not sure what she is."
Mason arrives in his car.
Jace:"what's your uncle doing here?"
Tyler rejoins him at the car,"you're busting us or joining us?"
Mason:"neither. Hoping you can make sure everyone is out of here by dark."
Tyler:"what happened after dark?"
Mason:"someone ends up wasted and dead at the bottom of the lake."
Tyler laughs.
Mason:"you heard your mom. The family is liable if anything happens."
Tyler:"don't be a party killer."
Mason:"hey, I didn't say you had to stop partying, I just said you had to take it somewhere else."
Tyler:"alright, we'll be out of here."
Mason leaves, he passes next to Stefan and Elena. He looks at Stefan and Stefan looks at him.
Elena:"why are you looking at him with your serious vampire look?"
Stefan:"my what? My 'vampire serious look'?"
Elena:"hum hum. I mean it's different from your worried vampire look, neither of which stray too far from your 'hey, it's Tuesday' look."
Stefan:"I get it, okay. You think I'm...you think I'm too serious. Is that it?"
Elena:"I mean I was not gonna say it like that but..."

Jace is alone, Aimee Bradley rejoins him.
Jace:"hey Aimee."
Aimee:"thanks. You know, you're missing all the fun in the water."
Jace holds up his arm to show her his cast,"not waterproof."
Aimee:"too bad. So, there's a full moon tonight. We're gonna light a fire later and tell ghost stories."
Jace:"uh, I don't know."
Elena arrives,"Jace."
Jace:"what the hell? I've been calling you."
Elena:"I know, I got held up but I'm here now." She looks at Aimee.
Aimee:"hi Elena."
Elena compels her,"go find somebody single to stalk, Aimee."
Aimee leaves.
Jace:"seriously?"
Elena:"she was flirting with you."
Jace:"she's harmless; you don't have to be rude."
Elena:"you're mad?"
Jace:"you've been dodging my calls all day and you get to show up here and be the jealous girlfriend? It's kind of lame, Lena."
He looks at her and leaves. Stefan arrives.
Stefan:"hey, I saw that. You compelled her."
Elena:"yeah, she deserved it."
Stefan:"Elena, no one deserves to have their mind messed with for shallow reasons."
Elena:"you know, why is everyone sticking up for Aimee freaking Bradley?"
Stefan:"You're letting the jealousy get the best of you."
Elena:"oh, so now I have magnified jealousy issues, too. That's great."
Stefan:"I told you this wasn't gonna be easy."
Elena:"yeah, well, I might as well have stayed dead. My entire personality is killing me."
Stefan smiles.
Elena:"shut up."
~~~***~~~
Duke University
Nevaeh, Damon and Alaric are still in Amelia's office, looking for information.
Damon:"Any luck?"
Nevaeh:"there's nothing in here about Isabela that we don't already know."
Damon:"ah, man, you know, it's a bummer that we aren't together because I could tell you why you know."
Nevaeh:"but we're friends Damon. Your best friend." She smiles.
Alaric:"hey guys, check this out."
Vanessa:"there's no record of werewolf mythology in Mystic Falls, but here are some records of some of the lesser-known legends. Everything from Scandinavian skin-walkers to the Marèchal de Retz."
She gives them a book with drawings.
Vanessa:"Tonartsliitsii Metslii, which roughly translates into the "curse of the sun and the moon."
Alaric:"it's Native American."
Vanessa:"Aztec. Nits explains one origin of the werewolf cursed traced through Virginia. The short story: 600 years ago, the Aztec were plagued by werewolves and vampires. They terrorized the countryside, made farming and hunting impossible until an Aztec shaman cursed them, making vampires slaves to the sun and werewolves servants to the moon. As a result, vampires could only prowl at night and werewolves could only turn on a full moon. When the full moon crests in the sky, who's ever unlucky enough to fall under the werewolf curse turns into a wolf."
Nevaeh thought, something about that curse is not right, like it's not real.