O1O

the purple flower.

——

entrance ceremony, 4 months back.

rui entered high school with a lover, to say the least though, he isn't happy. his lover: akira kaji is only a month older and yet they didn't click. they never clicked but rui was so in love with a fake.

akira is not a good person.

rui slumps down in his chair, playing with a elastic band. the gym is so cold, he was basically shivering, he felt akira put a hand on his shoulder a small smile on his face, "you okay?"

rui smiles, "yeah."

——

rui is now home, he throws his backpack on a chair and jumps into bed. akira follows after him, climbing on top of rui and hugging him. this felt weird, something wasn't right. the purple haired groans, throws his arm around his lover and yawns.

"i'm sleepy."

akira tilts his head, "you're always sleeping when i come over. am i boring? should i leave? is there something wrong with me rui? are you getting tired of me?"

"huh? no... i'm just tired lately, i don't get sleep because of my job..." rui mumbles, he felt guilty. he always managed to upset akira, he always manages to be a shit boyfriend.

akira frowns, his brows furrow, his grip on rui tightens, "it's always something about that job of yours! why don't you just quit? it's not that hard, quit complaining about it if you don't want to leave it."

akira always does this, "akira... i'm sorry, i'll stop. i can't quit because who would pay for our dates?"

lie. rui could care less about their dates. akira huffs, he gets off rui and sits up, he stares at a old photo of rui and a friend, "isn't that mizuki?"

rui's head whips upward, the mention of his ex-partner and his best friend. despite breaking up they both settled on friendship because they had only gotten together because they suffered from loneliness, rui truly loved mizuki though. couldn't say it was romantically or platonic, he didn't know what his feelings were at all anymore.

"why do you still have this? do you miss them, do you want to go back to them..?"

rui frowns, "no..."

akira nods, "mhmm they don't deserve you you're beautiful and they... they aren't! so they deserve to hold no place in your heart."

"don't say that. they're my best friend."

"drop them rui, or else i'll leave because without me you suffer. you'd suffer for so long."

rui couldn't tell if that was the truth.