Chapter 15

Things were awkward upon our return. Of course, Gramma Mai was as cheerful as ever, greeting us with a smile. "Okaeri!"
Aito flat out ignored her, kicking off his shoes and quickly marching away up to his room. "Hey!" I yelled in protest. "Get back here...! I---"
A door slammed in the distance and I let out a sigh. "Geez..."
Mai blinked at me in confusion. "... What happened...?"
I looked down at my feet. "Aito got mad at me..." I mumbled. Her brow furrowed. "Doushite...?" She asked. I shook my head. "I don't know why... He won't explain." It was silent for a moment. A hundred thoughts were buzzing around in my head. What was up with Aito...? What on earth was it that was so terrible about Leon..? I didn't understand... I wished Aito would explain...
After a moment, Mai stepped towards me. "... Do you want to make up...?" She asked. I looked up at her and nodded. "Mhm!"
I watched in confusion as her mouth curled into a smirk. "I bet if you go to him and give him a hug he'll forgive you..." She winked.
Hug...?
"Hug him...?" I repeated in disbelief. "Will that really work?"
"OH, sure it will! He'll have no choice but to submit to your womanly charm!"
"Uhhm...?"
"Just trust me on this! He's a man powerless against hugs!"
Oh that was so cute.
I nodded confidently. "Right! Thanks gramma Mai...!"
I'd do whatever it took to fix this... A hug was a small price to pay for Aito's friendship. I had to fix this... I couldn't lose him this easily!
With a confident heart, I rushed up the staircase and quickly found his room. The door was open, so I assumed I could go inside. I strode in, where Aito was on the edge of his bed, his hands tangled through his hair. He looked up as I came inside. "Savannah? What're you---"
I cut him off as I marched over to him, tightly wrapping my arms around his shoulders for a big bear hug. He froze, his breath catching, and I could feel him tense a bit.
Please work, please work...
Slowly but surely, Aito slowly began to soften to the hug.
This is a good sign...! Would he forgive me....?
When we pulled apart, I looked into his face hopefully, and saw it was beet red. "Wh-Wh-Wh-What was that for..??" He stammered.
"Eh? Gramma Mai suggested you may forgive me if I hugged you."
"She said WHA---- OBAA-CHAN!"
He shouted in his native language and ran down the stairs, yelling a bunch of things in Japanese that I couldn't quite catch with my amateur abilities. Still, I followed to see what on earth was going on, rushing to the living room to see Aito chasing his grandmother around the table. She was laughing, but he was fuming, his face still red. "MACCHINASAI YO! Obaa-chan!! Nani kangaeteru no?!? OI!"
Unable to hold it in, I busted out into a fit laughter. The two reminded me of Tom and Jerry!
They both stopped in their tracks and turned to look at me. "Wh-What's so funny?" Aito grumbled.
I clutched my stomach, trying to stop myself from laughing, but I couldn't.
"I'm sorry, I just...! Hahaha...! You look so ridiculous...!"
I laughed until my sides hurt, and Aito seemed to cool just a little, though he still looked embarrassed. "Geez," he muttered, rubbing up and down his arm nervously. "Don't take advise from my gramma..."
I finally caught my breath and smiled at him. "I'm sorry. But... Did it work?"
"......yeah......."
"So we're good?"
".....mm....."
I beamed. "Good!"