Episode 9: Breaking Point

Ono flew over the land, trying his best not to be noticed by the elemental clans. The cool breeze blew directly into his face as he was rapidly navigating his way back to the Tree of Life.

Over the course of the past week, Ono managed to sneak into one to the locations that the elementals have set up camp in. He hid within the trees and listened to their conversations, trying to learn as much as he could.

As for the information itself? For the most part it was regarding their strategic mindset the clans have when going into battle, however the most interesting thing that demanded Ono to return and relay the information back to Queen Rani, was the news that the Fire Lions were not the only Elementals, as there were at least 3 other clans, including the Lighting one that attacked the pridelands a few weeks ago.

Originally the Elementals were going to wait and buy their time, however some had reported seeing visions of a world on the brink of collapse. And at the center of it all, were figures that some described as altered versions of Kion's team. Despite the fact that Kion, Fuli, and Bunga were believed to be dead, that didn't calm the paranoia. As day after day the nightmares would intensify for each member of the clans. Meaning that the group is more motivated to follow through with their plans as soon as possible.

Off in the distance, the Mountain barrier for the Tree of Life became more visible to the Egret. Which was a relief for him too as he was quickly becoming exhausted. He soared over the snowy plains, passing-by the snow-covered trees, and frozen lake that surrounded the outside of the kingdom's barrier.

It was barely morning, as off in the distance the dark sky was starting to glow, albeit it wouldn't be a while before the sun could be visible.

The Egret flew over the Mountain Border, he couldn't see the Night Pride, and just assumed that they were off patrolling another side of the kingdom. However he could at least locate Queen Rani, as he quickly noticed the Tree that lay within the center of the kingdom.

Ono swooped down and landed on his feet. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, as it had been a pretty lengthy flight back home. But once he was able to recover from the trip, he slowly began making his way into the Tree.

As he walked in, he noticed that Rani wasn't asleep, but rather staring at the paintings documenting the arrival of Kion's Guard at the Tree of Life. He then noticed the tears that were falling to the floor. "Your Highness, are you alright?"

Rani was a bit startled, but she quickly recognized that it was Ono. The lioness was quick to wipe the tears from her face, before turning around to face the Egret. "Um, yeah. What is it?" She asked.

Ono didn't believe her, given her attitude for the past few months, however he didn't want to push the subject, and just answered the question. "The Elementals are going to rush whatever plan they have. And the Lions we encountered, they weren't the only ones."

"What do you mean?"

"There are other elemental clans out there. Including one that attacked the Pridelands a few weeks ago!"

The queen paused for a moment to process the new information that was given. "What else.?"

"We have a few weeks before the clans unite. But what's weird is that...that they were going to wait. But for some reason their nightmares made them want to rush the plan."

"Alright then, we'll let everyone else know."

Rain, just rain. Which isn't a surprise for the Trio at this point after spending several months stuck in the Jungle. Kion and Bunga both managed to drag Fuli into an empty den, far from where the elementals were. Which hopefully would be a suitable location to stay at until Fuli could recover.