CHAPTER 18

Gulf's POV

  "Do you think we can go and hang around your boyfriend's building?" Cheska asked.

"Yeah, I'll be thrilled to see what your boyfriend's office looks like," Jerald said while holding his hamburger.

"I don't know, but I will ask him later," I said.

We're currently eating here at the cafeteria. I'm with Cheska and Jerald since Air wasn't able to attend class. She suddenly had to go back to Thailand because her grandma had died. How I wish to go back there when my mom died...

"Anyway, got any plans after graduation?" Cheska asked, stretching her arms on the table.

"We're going to be interns, of course," I answered. "I already know where I will take my internship; where are you guys planning?"

"I'll be taking over my dad's company; he wanted me to handle the one we have just outside Paris," Jerald lazily answered before taking a bite of his burger.

"And my mom wanted me to handle the clothing line; she wanted me to help her handle the company while she handles the designs for her new fashion line," Cheska answered.

I smiled sadly and looked down at my food. "Is something the matter, Gulf?" Jerald asked.

I shook my head but kept my gaze on my plate. "Your job has connections with your parents; it's kind of sweet hearing those."

The two of them went quiet. I didn't want to look up to see their facial expressions since I already knew that they'd be looking at me with pity, and I hate that.

"Gulf, may I ask something?" Cheska asked softly. I just nodded as a response. "Even though we've been friends for a long time, I never really knew anything about you. I mean—your personal life, though."

"Cheska! It's his personal boundaries; it's not ours to know," Jerald scolded her.

"No, no, it's fine," I said softly. I looked up to meet their gaze and spoke. "My mom died due to an illness; that's the main reason why I wanted to become a doctor. My dad, he's the one who sent me here when I was young; he didn't state the reason, and I haven't spoken to him ever since he left me here."

It's actually not true. My mom died of assassination right after I was born. Dad really did send me here when I was 9 years old, and I still remember very clearly how he used to treat me back then. He always looks at me with disgust and a hateful gaze, like he didn't even want me to be born.

"Not to be rude or anything to you, Gulf," Jerald said as he placed his half-eaten burger on the plate. "But your dad sounds rude and selfish."

I only laughed a little before replying. "It's fine; I rarely have memories with him anyway, so it doesn't hurt me."

"But, are you sure?" Cheska asked with seriousness and concern in her tone. "Did he ever explain to you why he did that?"

"No, I don't remember him explaining anything to me."

"Then he is an a**h*le," Cheska said in a b*tchy tone, crossing her arms on her chest.

"That's enough; you'll have wrinkles if you stay mad," Jerald said. Cheska got annoyed and slapped his arm. "What the f*ck is your problem, woman?"

They continue to argue while I finish my food. After that, I have two more classes, and then it's finally time to go home. Time passes by very quickly. Thank God, I'm tidying up my school stuff and leaving the lecture hall.

I walked around the hallway and made my way to the parking lot. I actually received a message from Mew saying that he wants to meet up—something about a date that he set up yesterday. Not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to it. I also went to the mall with Jerald yesterday so I could pick up a gift for Mew.

While walking towards the exit, I saw Cheska and Jerald talking to someone. More like a man in his 40's, I didn't think about it that much since I think it's just another parent who's looking for their child's classroom.

"Oh, there he is! Gulf!" Cheska called me, waving her hands.

I walked towards them and suddenly got a bad feeling about the old man.

"Sir, this is Gulf." Jerald gestured his hand at me. I abruptly stopped when the old man faced me.

It seems like I was hit by a train and was shot by a blazing arrow in my chest. My eyes widen as I stare at the man. The man just looks at me with a smile.

"Of course, long time no see, boy," he spoke. He went near me and hugged me. It made me flinch, but he held me in place. "I'll be taking you with me," he whispered.

I froze on the spot. He spoke to Jerald and Cheska, and after pulling away from our hug, I stood there, not uttering a single word. He'll be taking me. But...why now? I can't let him; I can't...

"Shall we go now, gulf?" He asked, looking at me with dominating eyes. I nodded stiffly. I looked at Jerald and Cheska, but they were just smiling at me.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him. I couldn't do anything. As we went to the parking lot, I noticed a black van with lots of guards surrounding it. The other students were also looking at the direction of the car with an amazed gaze.

He pushed me inside, and he got on as well. The engine started.

"I didn't know that you wanted to be a doctor, son," my father said, wiping his hand with a napkin.

I don't know what to say. I just sat there, shaking, not knowing what to do. I wanted to ask Mew for help, but Dad will notice.

"Anyway, just like I said, I will be taking you back to Thailand with me," he started. I looked at him with determined eyes.

"I'm not going," I said in a serious tone.

He chuckled. "Who says that I gave you a choice?"

"Why did you come back after throwing me here?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk—Gulf, my son," he started and leaned forward. "Because I want to, and you'll do everything that I want you to do."

"I will not—hnnghh!" My words were cut off when he suddenly placed a gun inside my mouth. My whole body froze in fear.

"You will, and I hope you already said goodbye to that pesky boyfriend of yours. He'll miss you so much, that's for sure," he said with a smirk.

Mew, I'm sorry....

--------
   Author's note:

I'm sorry if this chapter is short. I'm very sick right now, they'll be taking me to the hospital for some examination to see if I just caught a cold or COVID or dengue.

   I wrote this Chapter with shaking hands since I just forced myself, so I'm sorry if there's any typos.

  Once I get better, I'll be back on track! Love you all and stay safe!❤️

  Updated: 18th of July 2022
Next update: Undecided

(Edited chapter: October 2023)