CHAPTER 29

_________________________Gulf's POV

Gulf's POV

The funeral went well; we buried his body next to his parents' grave. I remembered that Valerio once told me about his parents dying because of an ambush when he was only seven years old.

His uncle got custody over him, which didn't end well because his uncle was so abusive towards him that he ended up killing his own uncle. I know this place because he would bring me here and Eliza whenever it's their death anniversary. Even when I was still pregnant with Eliza, he introduced us both to his parents.

I am now not as mad at Valerio as I was before. He was deceived by my dad; he was tricked. I actually don't know what happened to my father's body, since Mew didn't answer me when I asked him. He just said that he's in hell now.

To be honest, as his son, I should feel a small amount of sadness or even anger for hearing someone say that to my own father. But, no. I didn't feel angry or sad hearing it. He deserves it; he has caused trouble and pain to a lot of people.

"Mama! Shells!" Eliza said as she showed me a shell that she found.

I leaned down and took a good look at the sea shell. "Good job, sweetie. Now, let's put it on our bucket."

"Okay!" She dropped the shell on the bucket that I was carrying.

We're currently on the private island that Mew's father was talking about, and it really is so hot and humid here. But scenery and clean, fresh water can compensate for it. It's so tranquil and beautiful here.

I'm at the shore with Eliza; it's about 7 a.m., so the sun isn't that painful on the skin, but I still made Eliza put on some sunscreen. We're walking around and gathering some seashells. Mew's still asleep when we left, and Mew's stepmother, Bia, and also Kite, were cooking breakfast for everyone.

I also saw some of Mew's men helping out, like bringing the needed ingredients and preparing the table.

When we stepped out of the house, I already saw a lot of men, which I'm sure are the guards that Mew and his dad stationed. I'm glad that they didn't follow us, but I'm sure they're keeping their eyes on us. You wouldn't even think that they're here to guard us, because it seems like they're also enjoying this vacation. Considering that they are in their summer outfits and casually having a chat with each other,

"Mama...." Eliza called. I looked at her and hummed. "I want to see Dada Mew."

"Okay, sweetie. Let's head back and see if Dada Mew is awake," I said before carrying her.

As we got near the house, I saw Mew already waiting by the door. He was looking around and stopped when he saw us walking. He walked towards us with a smile.

"There you two are," he said.

"Dada!" Eliza shouted and reached out her hands for Mew. I handed her to Mew, and he carried her before kissing her cheek. "Dada, I have shells!"