CHAPTER 20

5 years later....

   Boat's POV

I'm walking towards the study room with some files in my hand. Thorn's been busy lately, and there was this time when the entire organization was in chaos because of that incident. Thorn's father requested that he never talk about that incident again.

It took a toll on us. But now, everything seems to be going well and smoothly. Thanks to Thorn and us, of course. We managed to get the company and the organization steady.

I've reached the door of the study room. I knock first before entering. Once I opened the door, I saw him walking around and also being cautious.

I leaned on the door frame with a smirk, and he didn't seem to notice me.

"What's up, grandpa?" I said.

"Shut it; I'm trying to concentrate," he said, and he proceeded to walk around.

I shook my head in an amusing manner and walked towards him. I placed the files on the table and grabbed his wrist.

"What?" he asked, sounding really mad.

"If I didn't stop you, you would've knocked over that vase in front of you," I said, and I guided him to the sofa, sitting him gently. "If you're going to walk around, you should've called someone to assist you."

"I am not a child, Boat. I'm capable of doing things on my own," he insisted.

I clicked my tongue and shook my head. "Hard-headed as ever," I said, and I sat on the love seat. "Have any plans for today?"

"Yeah, ask me about that," he said in a really annoyed tone.

I laughed slightly. "Hey! I'm clearly not teasing you, I swear."

"Talk to the book," he said, looking away.

"Are you sulking?" I teased him.

He growled and got a book and threw it, though it didn't land on me; it just knocked over the pile of books on the table.

"Damn it," he said with an annoyed tone.

"Okay, I'm not going to disturb you anymore," I said. I stood up and walked towards the door. I held the door knob and looked in his direction. "I'm going to get some snacks for us; make sure to not break a vase again."

"Just get the f*ck out."

I left the room and closed the door. He had become stubborn with each passing day; no wonder Thorn needed that kid to stay here, even though he's not really a kid. More like a rebellious man—

"Oh, Boat?" I looked up when I heard a voice and saw Thorn's father.

I bow my head as a sign of respect. "Hello, Sir."

"Tsk! No need to do that, kid; I've known you since you were little," Sir Musk said as he waved his hand. "How is he?"

I stood up straight before answering. "He is still stubborn, that's for sure. He's also trying to walk around and almost knock over a vase."

"Hm-mh, are you going to the kitchen to get some snacks?"

I nodded. "yes, sir"

"Good, make sure to bring tea," he said with a friendly smile.

"Of course, sir," I responded. Sir Musk patted my shoulder before continuing his way to the study room.

Walking down the stairs, I greeted some maids who were working. It's been 5 years since we headed back, and nothing feels much more comfortable if you're in your home country, doesn't it?